Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sianara

Chris and I are headed out of town for a bit. We are going to CoCoa beach for some mandatory R&R with the Young Life staff here in FL and then we are heading to Southwind where Chris has some training. I am hoping to relax a bit and get some fun time with MC. Just wanted to blog some of the highlights from our time with the cousins, since I mostly just posted pictures last week.

Over the past few days I have been cleaning up around the house and was reminded of how nuts my niece Clare is. She would wake up every morning and say to anyone that would listen "ping pong?"---which basically meant she wanted to go out and throw ping pong balls---or bring them inside as I have found about 10-12 throughout the house. The last day before they left for the airport she was walking around with a big pack of swedish fish we gave Michael--see pic below---I have found easily over 25 all OVER THE PLACE. Last but not least every night did she not only set up the "tent" that I showed last night, she had to sleep with "something." One night is was MaryCate's pink basketball, one night it was the ping pong paddle and the ball, her goggles, her sunglasses, and of course her dora beach towel---that is just to name a few.

I also want to give mad props to my awesome husband, who although was sad to see the cousins leave, was so excited to come back to the bedroom---that is right Chris set up house in the family room all week so Brady could sleep in our bed with me. I wish I would have taken a picture of his bed all set-up (made up of our couch cushions). It was quite sweet of him, and made things easier on everyone.

One of my favorite stories about Uncle Pretty was the fact that he told me day 1 that he was getting up every morning at 5:30 to go to the Y. Well him and Auntie Reba went Day 1.....and that is all he saw of the Y, all week. I did overhear him telling Reba that he has this feeling he "is about to get really ripped", man I love my brother, especially when I can laugh at him.

Lastly, I was so excited today, because i was pretty sure I could manage to get MC's hair in a bow---I have been anxiously awaiting this day---I went to the mall and bought the velcro and tiny clip bows---as you can see they look rediculous and do not stay in her hair at all....so I guess a few more months yet, but you just wait, she will be in them non-stop when she gets enough hair!!

Note the fish in Clare's hand, I really do not think she actually ate that many of them

I can't smile at all because my mom has been pulling so freaking hard on the little bit of hair I have

No comments: