Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Confirmed

After 5 days ---we finally got the results, drumroll please---wish it was more exciting news, but yes I do have mono!!! Chris and I just started laughing when they called. I mean what the heck, I thought this only happened to college students. I seriously rarely even go out here, so I have no clue how I got this?? I did proceed to find a family Dr. that I will see on Friday because we have a ton of questions that have gone unanswered. For instance---I itch everywhere---I feel like I have fleas...this is NOT a mono symptom??? And I am still not sure about the nauseau and the inability to keep water down??

We have checked with MC's pediatrician and he doesn't seem too worried about her getting sick at all. Everything I have read on line says that babies very rarely get it. I am still keeping my distance as best as I can. Our friend Kristin from Bradenton is coming tonight to help out for a few days. I have some college friends coming next week and we may recruit a few others to come for a day to help out. Our friends the Guttery's (Chris coaches basketball with Scott) have been gracious enough to share some dinners so he is not just eating onion/cheese/pickle sandwiches anymore. It is so hard when I get exhausted from just playing with her for 10 minutes---and so frustrating.

Chris has been an INCREDIBLE help, but he really needs to get back to work....and sometimes he is helpful, other times not so much....for instance last night he said he would go grocery shopping with me...I said ok, let's make a list----he says no let's just go---I have NO fight in me so I agree. We get to Publix and he says "what should we get?" I tell him this is uncharted territory for me, I am used to a list and he is off---he spent SOOOOOO much more money and was so mad about it---I explained to him the importance of the list and sticking to it, he just rolled his eyes.

One last story---I had to go to the ENT Dr. this morning so I got out of bed before Chris and MC----Chris's knee has been bothering him so he has been icing it----he throws the ice pack at me this morning and says "Can you put the corn back in the freezer?" Clearly I am confused and he explains that the corn is in the ice pack---I was so mad and told him that would probably not help with the high grocery bill---he then yells from the bedroom he only likes canned corn not frozen....might be a better idea just to tell me that next time instead of using it to ice your knee.

I am hoping to recoop in time for MaryCate's cousins who are coming to town the day after Easter...speaking of which I should get off to bed. I will blog when I get a chance but I will focus on resting for now!! Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the grocery shopping and the corn stories ... sounds a lot like Scott. I would gladly go to the grocery store with Reece (3) and Trae (2) by myself then bring Scott along. He always wants all the goodies and treats that rack up a nice high grocery bill :)