Sunday, March 29, 2009

When will it end??

If you can't tell by the title, I am still sick as a dog. It is getting really old. On Thursday, since I was getting no better, we decided I should head back into the walk in clinic....and let me tell you, it was a blog worthy experience.

Let me start by saying that I officially HATE walk-in clinics. Since we are new to the area though, we do not yet have a primary family Dr. ---but that is top on my list of things to get accomplished once I get better. I go in and explain that I was there on Monday---told them who I saw and told them that nothing had changed. I am still not able to keep much more than a small bit of water down---and when I got on the scale I had lost 5 lbs (which I can't say I am complaining about---but there have to be better ways). They take me back to the waiting room pretty quickly and I am pumped, thinking it might be a quick visit....mind you I feel as though I am walking through a germ infested jungle as I make my way back to the room.

So I wait about 20 minutes and a student comes in saying that she will see me and then explain my symptoms to the nurse practitioner who will then come talk to me. (I am thinking...seriously?? Why am I not just seeing the person I saw on Monday?) Anyhow she looks at my ear and asks if I think it is worse than it was on Monday---are you kidding?? I have no idea, I didn't look in there. My glands are still the size of softballs and I am tired as all get out, puking up water when I drink too much. So she leaves and about 20 minutes later I hear her explaining to the woman I saw on Monday what she saw. That woman proceeds to come in and do exactly the same thing. She says it looks no better and they will run a mono test and put me on a stronger antibiotic as well as give me nauseau meds. Great---write the script and I am out----oh no, another 20 minutes goes by and the student comes back in and says that they will come soon to draw my blood for mono but could she interview me---she has a paper to write this weekend and it needs to be on a patient that they can't quite diagnose----are you serious---and then it occurs to me, I am on some Dr. House Bloopers show.

So that takes about 30 minutes and they never come to draw the blood. No joke I wait another 20 minutes and 2 people walk in and say they are going to take my blood---barely acknowledge me and then you can tell one is teaching the other saying "make sure you don't poke a tendon and you want to make sure you do not go all the way through the vein----"At this point I am almost laughing. They are reassuring me though that they will put a rush order on the lab results. I finally get the perscriptions and 2 1/2 hours later I am out of there. So I call on Friday for the results and of course they are no where to be found---likely story. I am hoping to the high heaven to find something out early tomorrow and then I will be off to a REAL DR.

Chris's sister came to town to help us out this weekend, which we were so thankful for. I have had some crazy cravings but none of the food stays down---it is so frustrating....and no, i am NOT pregnant, I have taken 2 tests to be absolutely sure. Saturday all I wanted were fish sticks and gatorade. YUCK!! And I cannot tell you how much I miss feeding and taking care of MaryCate. I play with her for 10 minutes and I am exhausted, Chris has to take over----and poor Chris I asked him what he was having for dinner tonight-----A Cheese, onion and pickle sandwich---Lord help us all. If you are praying people I am begging you to just say a simple prayer that I can get some meds that will make me well. I just want to feel better and be able to take care of my little girl---and NEVER have to go to another walk in clinic again. Enjoy the pics of the neat new outfit MC got in the mail a few weeks ago!!

Shout out to my Rinks---and thanks to Andrew for the sweet onesie he got MC

Even though mommy is sick, I am as happy as a buzzing little bee


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS story, what the heck is wrong with that clinic!?! Love the Stinky Rink onesie--looks like MC loves it too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...FEEL BETTER! :)

Life's A Journey... said...

Hope you get better! MC, wear that rinker shirt with PRIDE! It's a collectors edition!