Since I have lived in FL, it has always served as a great spring break trip for my family who lives in the North, where winter lasts sometimes close to 6 months. This year is no different and it started last week with a visit from my cousin Katie and her 3 1/2 month old Andrew. Katie came about 6 years ago to visit me and I'd like to take the opportunity to reflect on how this trip was a bit different than the last.
6 years ago I remember riding around in my VW Cabrio with the top down, blasting music and screaming at the top of our lungs, we were cool and we knew it. This year, we would roll down our windows in traffic when people would cut us off so they could hear our kids screaming too, and we still think we are cool.
6 years ago the goal was to get as tan as we possibly could, look as cute as we possibly could, relax and get as much rest as we possibly could and indulge in delicious FL food! This year we had 50 spf for the kids and sat under an umbrella, we thought we looked cute in our puke stained yoga pants, t-shirts and maternity swim suits, we just hoped the kids would sleep until 6am and we were counting every calorie.
6 years ago we dreamt about this time, having kids frolicking on the beach while we sat there with our latte's and our gossip magazines---not a worry in the world, this year we laughed at ourselves, as we spent the entire time trying to get the kids to nap so we could relax even for just 30 minutes.
I might go back to 6 years ago for a day but I would not trade my sweet MaryCate and I would bet my cousin wouldn't trade her naughty little Andrew for anything in the world. We had a blast both times and I am counting down the days until Spring Break 2010. Until then MaryCate and I are anxiously awaiting her cousins who will come for a visit in a little over a month!!
4 comments:
One thing that's stayed consistent....the SCALP! LOL
Looks like you two had a blast!!
You give that NG a kiss for me! Pinch her cheeks too! We are MISSING you! And you are right, one day would be great...but I appreciate all my boys!
I love the comparison between then and now!
So glad I found your blog via Chris' facebook page. Look forward to keeping up with you guys :)
Post a Comment