Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

MaryCate loves to hang out in her robe after her daily bath----so here she is just lounging around!




So if I haven't said it before, I believe based on what I hear from other moms, MaryCate is a pretty easy baby. She eats, plays and sleeps, poops on occasion. Anyhow her newest trick is sleeping for long periods of time----most mothers dream come true....and for a while it was for me. Yesterday MaryCate had her 6 month appointment. She is up to 10 lbs 7oz and measuring just fine for her adjusted age of 2 1/2 months. Her shots did not go as well as they had in the past. I think while in the NICU she was so used to getting pricked it was no big deal, but yesterday oh man it was a big deal. I think I almost made the nurse cry. Anyway I knew I would have to talk to the Dr. about her sleeping, literally like 6-8 hours a night, and so last week I decided to track how much she was eating. Some days she will go with only eating 12-14 oz and the Dr. wants her eating 20-30 (which I am not sure I understand because they all she is gaining weight fine)...so basically that means I need to wake her up to feed her....are you serious??? I have a baby that sleeps through the night and I can't even enjoy it?? Well needless to say I am going to do everything I can to get the oz in during the day --- biggest problem is she pukes when she gets too much at a time, so I am feeding her less but more often. It is like a puzzle trying to figure it out but well worth it if it means I get to sleep 8 hours!!!

1 comment:

ericdolson said...

Brigit - what a beautiful family! (and Christmas tree...it better be an Oregon fir.) It was nice catching up with you today, and I can't wait until I get your Christmas card!!! EDO