Friday, December 5, 2008

Dr.'s Dr.'s and more Dr.'s

Can anyone really resist those cheeks!

MaryCate loves her Grandma's



So obviously the life a preemie is filled with doctors. More times than not this is a great thing. She gets weighed a lot, which I love and they are all watching her every move to make sure she is growing and developing in so many areas and on so many levels. I feel so safe.
But it gets really complicated when they all tell you to do something different. One will say keeping her in the car seat is good because it keeps her form arching her back and will help with development, while another says keep her out of it because it does not help with the reflux. One says feed her on demand and do not give her more than she wants, while another says make sure she is getting 25-30 oz every day even if that means feeding every 2 hours---and then another says do not feed every 2 hours because that is not long enough for the stomach to empty. So what do I do?? I give up and go with my gut----they always say momma knows best right!!

1 comment:

Life's A Journey... said...

I know M.C.'s reflux is different, but all 3 of my kids have/had reflux. All on meds, Zantac and Prevacid. Anyways, ALL of them slept in their car seats for 4 months. Andrew is sleeping in his now. It keeps him more comfortable, up-right, and makes me not worry about him choking on his spit-up in the night. Not sure if this helps, but I have a lot of hands-on experience with reflux.

Do what works best for you. Heck, Johnny is 3 and just gave his nuk up 3 weeks ago. His speech is FINE! You have to do what works for YOUR situation! Hang in there! (: RINKERS RULE!