Thursday, December 11, 2008

Seriously MaryCate

OK---so I got up this morning and I am so pumped for my day. Young Life has this great benefit where we are able to get massages covered at 70%, so Chris and I are totally into it...I was getting one today he is on schedule for tomorrow. I wake up, get ready and Chris and I get MC ready. He takes her to the office and I am off to my appointment. The massage was great and I am feeling all relaxed. I go to pick up MC. While I am at the Young LIfe office I have Chris help me test out the baby bjorn because I am pumped to use it. We had not used it up until now because of the oxygen, it was just too hard to coordinate. We put her in and she seems to love it. I think to myself --- this is great, I will plop her in this and get the rest of my Christmas shopping done this afternoon. So I feed her, make sure she burps proportionately and we are off. I get to the outdoor mall and get her all strapped in. I am totally feeling like a hip mom and loving it. I walk into the first store and exactly what I want to get for my brother is on sale---I continue thinking, does is get ANY BETTER? Then it starts....MaryCate coughs a little, and I am starting to panic because I know what comes next. For those of you that do not know MaryCate has a bit of reflux. It doesn't only occur when she is eating, it can happen at any given moment. So I throw down my item and quickly walk outside. As soon as I get outside, no joke the girl pukes DOWN my shirt....not on my shirt, straight up down it. I am wearing a collared shirt and she puked right in the opening down it. At this point I am no longer the cool hip mom I thought I was...I smell like baby barf and my daughter is simply laughing. I make my way to the car...mind you as I am walking I hear a family go ---"oh what a cute baby" and I am thinking if you only knew....since it went down my shirt almost no one around could tell what happened. We are now home and I am busy washing my shirt, her clothes and the Bjorn----I think I will wait a while to do that again and who knows if I'll ever get to that Christmas shopping!! See picture below of the hippest mom on the block!


2 comments:

Kristen Brooke Courtney Cofer said...

Haha, nobody tells you about that when you're all happy and prego!

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAH....that is GROSS!