Sunday, December 7, 2008

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.....

Our stockings hanging above the fireplace---I am not sure how but MaryCate's is quite a bit larger than ours...I am sure she will have no problem with this


Our Christmas tree all set up and decorated perfectly


...In hopes that St. Nick would come, and he sure did!!
So when Chris and I first got married St. Nick was a bit of a contraversy, Chris had never heard of it. I was not sure where it came from but I knew we celebrated and I wanted to continue. I think when he realized he might get some fun presents he was in, but he hates getting presents before X-mas so he tried to argue against it. To make it a bit easier on him, we did regular gifts from St. Nick---I get a x-mas cd, and he gets boxers!! My sister-in-law tried to tell me this year that since we had kids, no St. Nick for us---to that I said NO WAY. So he did indeed come, even to MaryCate. I got not only Faith Hill's new Christmas CD but peppermint oreos as well---I must have been extra good this year. MaryCate got diapers, formula and a warm outfit for Wisconsin, and Chris got boxers of course, as well as some gum, kitkats, and grape juice, which are all his favorites.

We also started a new tradition. For those of you that do not know me that well, I am WAY into traditions. Chris actually gets nervous every time he does something that we are going to have to do it again at the same time next year. Anyhow we decided to make oatmeal in the crockpot on the night St. Nick comes.....it made the house smell great and made for a really fun treat while we were opening up our stockings!!