Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 25 1/7 and counting





Welcome back to the #1 blog about expectant mothers that live in FL but are going to give birth to their first child in Wisconsin.

Things are going great here in the artic tundra of the north. (and for those of you in FL I am not talking about a truck from Toyota there were actually FROST WARNINGS the other night. In middle of MAY) Brigit is still very much prego and still very much lying in bed feeling as helpless as ever. I keep trying to tell Brigit her only job is to keep that baby inside as long as possible but it becomes more and more of a test everyday the baby “stays in” as our nephew would say (for those that don’t know we don’t know what the sex of the baby is that is why I keep saying “the baby”).

This feeling of helplessness was in full force on Saturday when all of our earthly belongings came from VA (where Tom “the saint” and Meg “I am getting married this week but decided to take time out of my busy schedule to clean my friends apartment” sent our stuff) to our house in Bradenton FL. The house in FL had been rented out while we were in VA so it needed to be cleaned. This is where the Army of cleaners came to the rescue. People from all over were called, people from the preschool where my Mom works, people from church, friends from YL with their kids and their kids friends, and a whole college bible study all showed up to serve. I can only imagine what it most have looked liked but from my father “thorough examination” of the process it was nothing short of miraculous. So to all that were involved we say THANK YOU! We really do wish there was more that we could do but know that there are treasures in heaven for all the backbreaking, nose turning, carpet removing, roof walking and bathroom scrubbing work you put in. THANK YOU.

I know there is not a lot of info on the baby in this post but you all get all the info we have…the ultrasound is promised to us next week so until then happy reading and thanks again for all the prayers. Hope you all enjoy the pictures of Brigit in her natural habitat. (Brigit wants you to know the pics where from a non-shower day!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All i would like to ask you.....BABM?????

Life's A Journey... said...

If I had a cute niece and nephew like that at my side, my spirts would be high too! Keep Smiling!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

We are thinking and praying for you guys. I've been waiting to see some pictures, take care.

Anonymous said...

Brigit, who is your hair dresser??? I'm dying for her number so I can get my hair looking like yours! Your hubby may be incompetent, but your RINKER sure as heck isn't!

flwipf said...

Sounds like the baby is doing good. Keep up the good work. We will be praying for you and that the baby stays in as long as possible. Let us know what we can do from Fort Myers to help you.
Love, Tim & Beth Wipf