Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mary Cate Update




I want you all to know that I am writing this email in protest because I do not have enough time and effort to give this post the attention that you all deserve and expect. I have been told though that I need to get out the information today before we go to church and if that means sacrificing the level of at which it has been written in the past (which was not a high level to begin with) that Brigit is OK with that (So, now I am as well). If laughter is an emotion that you feel while reading this or you get any enjoyment what so ever out of this post it is merely accidental because this post is meant to be merely informational.

So onto the information, Mary Cate is on the way back up from the dip in the rollercoaster ride that is the NICU. Since I last talked to you she actually got a little worse before coming back up. To the point in fact that Thursday night the ventilator was working as hard for Mary Cate as it ever had before (60 bpm and 40% O2) but on that setting and a new breathing tube she started to improve yesterday. To the point that today they are starting to lower her rate and her pressure on the ventilator (45bpm and 25% O2) which we are very excited about. Mary Cate’s PDA is another story, we know from the ECHO yesterday that the PDA is still there (at least that is what the tech said) but we are waiting on the doctor to tell us what are next course of action is going to be either surgery or more meds. So overall she is doing well.

So, that is pretty much the news on Mary Cate but for those still interested Ian, he is fighting hard and still here with us, he is stable and the swelling in his belly is going down (praise Jesus) so keep praying because he is still fighting. Thanks for your prayers, Team Mustaine appreciates them!!!!!

5 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Thanks for the update- glad to hear things are going slightly better- we are still thinking and praying for you!

Teri Andrea said...

oh my goodness, brigit! mustaine! i had no idea...

i don't even know what to say, but i love you guys. miss you! and will be praying for little mary cate. and ian.

i read your whole blog just now. now that i know you have one - thanks to leanne! i'll be reading it a lot for updates!

let me know if there is ANYTHING i can do.

Life's A Journey... said...

Yo Mustaine,

A few blog posts ago, you were ripping on the Midwest...and now you are wearing a BREWERS SHIRT! Glad to see you are changing your ways! We'll have you living in the frozen tundra in NO TIME!

Glad to hear things are more steady with Mary Cate! Give the two women in your life a hug for us! Thinking of you!

Shana said...

Chris & Brigit! Glad to hear things are going better than last week. We are praying for you guys!! Miss you!
Derek & Shana

Anonymous said...

HI from Bradenton! It's Julie O. Just got your blog from a leader who thought I should know the scoop! I am so thrilled you all have joined Club Parenthood! Maddie and I will be praying for your beautiful wee one. I never thought I'd find myself blogging on anyone elses blog other than my brother and his wife's family blog- so Aunt Julie was only then appropriate-LOL

Hugs to all of you!