When we got there I 1st asked how much they would have to do in terms of measuring the baby---I had been in on Friday and had all that done, AND paid for it all. The specialist is super expensive and I thought it would do me no harm to ask, since they were unable to do anything, would they charge me for this appt. They did some asking around and basically said they would have to do it all over to ensure the baby was ok----I was fine with that, because of course I want the baby to be ok. I did comment though on the fact that I thought I should not have paid on Friday if they knew they couldn't take the stitch out. They should have just sent me home if there was no Dr. available. They understood, but that was about all.
So we get back and the baby looks fine, still very low and large, but healthy. When the Dr. 1st came in, he explained, that every once in a while there are cases where they are unable to get the stitch out. To make a really long story short----I was not one of those cases, but apparently have a cervix that lies VERY high. He said he had never seen a case like this, and he would not be able to get the stitch out. SERIOUSLY????
So our options?? Well we talked to him for about 45 minutes and he explained a number of different things we could do. The long and short of it will probably be a scheduled C-section sometime within the next 10-15 days. If I do happen to go into labor prior to that, I have to get to the hospital immediately at which point they will do an emergency C-section.
I will get more info in the morning once I have spoken with my OB. She will schedule it with/for me and we will go from there. Although I was sad, of course, I just want a healthy baby. Seems like for both me and the baby the C-section is a much better route. I will keep you posted on the details. At this point the baby continues to grow at rapid rates and is sure to surpass MC by about month 3 or 4!!! Can't wait to meet this little chow hound!
PS----best part was that at checkout---I think they felt really bad for me, because I was so disappointed. I did not get charged for the appt. at all. Not sure if they will even file with my insurance, but that is a HUGE break. We only pay 10% of our bill and it's usually over $150 per appt!!!! Glad I said something before we went back! Never hurts!
2 comments:
Hey Brigit, thinking about you!! Praying that everything goes smoothly!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one :)
Hmmm...there are lots of old wives' tales out there about inducing labor. Wonder if there are any for how to pop a cervix stitch? Probably not. And that just sounds bad anyways. C-section it is.
Post a Comment