Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day!!

The past week has been a lot of fun around here with visitors and special celebrations. Last weekend The Chien's came over from West Palm for a visit. Jenny and I were RD's together at Liberty and were pregnant around the same time in Lynchburg. They moved down for a job at PBA in West Palm in January and we have been trying to get together since. They were nice enough to make the drive over Friday afternoon and we had a fun but relaxing weekend. Stephen and MaryCate play great together, Jenny and I had a ton to catch up on and Chris and Chien were able to steal away and grab wings while catching a few basketball games!! Fun for everyone.

Then on Tuesday Auntie Trista came to town since she was on Spring break. This is always a treat. Since she was in town Tues and Wed night, we opted to celebrate our anniversary, even though it's today. We had a great dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse!!! We LOVE a good steak, and it has been a tradition, if we can make it happen, to go there each year!! It was delicious as always and such a good break.

Yesterday was one of my most favorite holiday's, St. Patrick's Day. My mom had gotten MC an outfit this summer at Irish Fest in Milwaukee, at which point I was hoping she would be in 18month clothes, so as you can see, it is a bit large, but she wore it with style. Even though Chris had Young Life, and was out most of the night, I still made a big Irish spread which we will be eating as leftovers throughout the weekend!!

That is about all for now. I try to slip into my wedding dress each year on our anniversary, I think it is fun and why not, it's just sitting there in the closet. I am pretty sure though, that this year that could be a disaster----if I try though, I will definitely post what will surely be a sight for sore eyes!!


Here MC is explaining to Stephen how to shoot some hoops!!
We meant to take pictures all weekend, and took the 1st 2, just as they were packing up to leave
Here she is in her St. Patty's Day dress watching daddy to P90X, which she thinks is HILARIOUS
Note the Gold shoes, they seemed to match perfectly!!
The hat that went with the outfit, she suprisingly kept it on most of the day, I only wish I could have gotten a picture of her smiling in the whole get up
I think this is her first attempt at an Irish Jig----she is going to be an all star!!
Here we are, getting ready for a dinner away!!
I cannot believe I am posting this---My mother-in-law and sister-in-law got me this cute dress at the beginning of my pregnancy and I thought----it will never fit---well low and behold
Note that there are no full length pictures, that would be because my ankles have been measuring about the size of my thighs, and I just can't get the camera to go there

3 comments:

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

I have been reading your blog on and off, ever since my sister (who was one of MC's nurses (Heidi) told me about it).
And today I just had to say MC is too stinkin cute in that St Patty's day dress.

Christina Allen said...

Brigit---you look great!!! MC is precious! Looking forward to seeing if you are having a boy or a girl.

erin and britt said...

I totally want to see you in your wedding dress.