I would like to dedicate this post to Scott Guttery, the head coach of Fort Myers Green Wave Varsity Basketball team. Let me start by saying a hearty congrats to him, and thank him sincerely for giving my husband the opportunity to coach alongside him. I can still remember Chris calling down to Fort Myers when we were in WI with MaryCate, asking about helping out. He was so excited, and could not believe that the coach was willing to let him help out without ever meeting him. He was also excited to hear that he was a Christian man of integrity, who was praying for us, our little one, and all we were going through at that time.
I do my best not to whine on my blog, and lets all be sure to note, I am smiling as I write this. All that being said I have a few words for Coach Guttery. After the championship last week I thought to myself----this made it all worth it. It has been a busy and tough couple of months with practices and games---not to mention work, but we got through it. Chris would always say, after the state championship weekend, I am all yours. Monday was going to be family day---Then came Monday----pep rally at 1:20, no worries though you and MC can come along, SWEET!!! OH, and then all the vans had to be taken back, so Chris lent a helping hand. Then we head into this week----today the team had a ring fitting and a meeting with the mayor. Tuesday and Wednesday we do have a break----but Thursday, our anniversary, is a team picture at 2pm. Friday night the team will be honored at the Everblades game---7:30pm, I am welcome to come---yipee skippeee. I bet my almost 2 year old would love to go to a hockey game right around bedtime. Saturday the entire team is getting together with families to watch the game on TV----I watched it LIVE, you think I want to watch it taped??? (J/K). Then Sunday they will get honored at a Red Sox spring training game. Last (but those are always Coach Mustaine's famous last words) they will be honored the following Tuesday by the Lee County School Board. That is on March 23rd---mind you I was PROMISED one month until open gym begins........but let me ask you this---what month is that?????? MARCH. People, do you know what happens at the end of March, CONSTANT NCAA BASKETBALL......
Moving on where does that leave us??? Starting open gym on April 24th, which makes everything honkey dorey----since I am due April 23rd, the baby should be here by then and Chris will have a clean schedule.
One last comment. Scott has helped my husband get really excited about P90X, a great workout program that gets you in shape. I am pumped for Chris to be doing this, but it's not as much fun when I am lying on the couch with my fat ankles propped up so the swelling goes down and I have about 26 extra pounds on my body and can't shake them for a while. Again I am thankful to be this pregnant and that I have a healthy, quite large baby brewing. Just a bit ironic!!
I hate to sound like an ungrateful wife, I honestly am proud of all this team has done and excited that Chris got to be a part of that. I just got to thinking about it all today and had to chuckle!! I do love March madness myself, as well as having a coach as a husband. I love to cook for the team and enjoy seeing them develop not only as amazing players, but young men that deserve what they have worked so hard for. We love the entire Guttery Family and are lucky to call them our friends, ya better watch yourself though Scott, if Chris misses the birth of his 2nd child, all blame could rest on you!!
Miles of smiles
The boys did get to cut down the net at the high school during the pep rally, which was fun to watch---here is Coach Mustaine in his Glory and one of the players!!
3 comments:
Hi Brigit! So glad to hear that everything is going well with you guys. I totally understand the thing with husbands being busy! What is it about working with teens that sucks time out of the day?
What's that, Scott? You need someone to run the concessions stand for you during summer camp? And you think 3-month old Reece would probably enjoy napping in his pack-n-play in the concessions stand with me? And nursing in between lunch sessions? Ok.
Hmmm? What, honey? You REALLY REALLY love it when your family is at the game cheering on the team? Ok. I'll be there. With our newly-received 6-month old strapped to my back and carrying our 18-month old in my arms. Sure. I can take Reece into the handicapped bathroom during halftime and turn off the lights and shhhh and pat him to sleep in there and still hang around for the end of the game.
Team meal? Sure. How many will there be? 15? Ok great. Fast-forward to day of ... What's that? You invited Lawton? And some parents? And all 6 of your coaches will be there, too. So its more like 27? Sure. I can make my two pans of lasagna magically turn into three. No problem, honey.
GO GREENIES!!!
PS. I want to see the picture that was 'censored.' I, for one, give you full permission to post and use whatever pictures you want :)
Well, bad news... the Twins want to have us to a game next week :)
Scott
Post a Comment