The latest and greatest news here in Fort Myers is that the Fort Myers Green Wave basketball team made it to the state tournament and WON!! Although Chris has been to the state tournament, many years ago with the BCS girls, they fell a bit short, so this is his first state championship with a team, after coaching for 12 years and he was elated!! MaryCate and I were so proud of him. He has put in a lot of hours with the team, and although there were nights where I thought I couldn't do it anymore, especially as this pregnancy has gotten further and further along, Saturday afternoon made it all worth it!! MaryCate went to the first game with us and did well, but I got a babysitter for the 2nd game and boy was I glad. Although the Green Wave lead the entire game, the end was a nail biter that almost sent me into labor. They ended up winning by 2 and deserved every bit of Glory they got! The team is filled with a quality group of guys who are disciplined and respect their coaches.
Even more fun, when we got back from the game, about midnight last night, we were all exhausted. We went to bed but were woken up about 2-3 hours later, and FREEZING COLD. Our heat had decided to go out. We stayed warm through the night and made a fire in the fireplace first thing in the morning. We got someone out here to fix it this afternoon and are nice and toasty now!!
Still don't know if it is a boy or a girl!!! I have had such conflicting thoughts/predictions. All along my gut has thought girl. A girl makes more sense to me and would be so financially practical. On the other hand some of my symptoms have pointed to boy (all of the old tell all tales)---mostly I thought I was carrying pretty low. I did have a friend in town a few weeks ago though, and she is having a boy. She was carrying WAY lower than me, so I began to doubt that one. Either way, if it is healthy we will be happy!!!
For the most part I have been feeling good, tired, but good. Apparently my baby sucks the immune system right out of me according to my OB. I was in last week, complaining of an annoying cold I had for about 4 weeks. She said that was because my immune system was down because of pregnancy. To top that off last weekend I realized that my eye was really bothering me. i thought it was because of a bad contact. I put in a new one and it contniued. Last Monday I went to the eye Dr. and he said I had a cornia infection, probably because my immune system was down because of pregnancy----go figure. So I have been forced to wear no eye makeup and my glasses for the past week, let me tell you I am looking HOT these days. As if the protruding baby bump isn't attractive enough.
MC is on the move. She is walking everywhere and it is hilarious. She is so small and just twaddles along everywhere. She loves to drop things and say "uh oh"----what she is learning though, is that mom does not bend over anymore, so if she wants it back, it is soley up to her to get it, and if she can't get it she is out of luck!!
Only 2 more weeks until the stitch comes out....very scary but reassured that we have made it this far!! Although this is what we always prayed for, the crazy symptoms are something I surely was not prepared for, I am WAY TOO OLD for this. Enjoy the fun pics
Last week we went to the Children's museum in town and decided to join for the year. IT is a great deal and will give me somewhere to take MC when it is sooo HOT this summer. She LOVED the dinosaur display
MC playing with Brett, her friend from Church
Often I find my skinny little girl like this
Coach Mustaine in his Glory, day 1 of the state tourney
Tip off at the final game
Chris is trying to get the crowd to do the wave :)---or maybe teaching some tricky defensive move
Right after the BIG WIN
Chris congratulating one of his players who has been real involved with Young Life!!
The Seniors accepting the trophy
MC with her State Championship shirt her Grandparents insisted she get
Youth Medium was the smallest they sold---here she is with Daddy saying GO GREEN WAVE
Maybe it will fit her when she is 10!!
4 comments:
Cute pics but you forgot one VERY important detail from last week B!
LOVE the State Champs shirt picture.
Congratulations on state champs! We got to enjoy your sweet little one during the game. We dropped by the Johnsons and played a while. She was precious. And I beg to differ that you need to read The Strong Willed Child. She was an angel! Erin
I read every single entry. I just love your blog. I am proud of you. If you need anything, please call me.
Kate
Post a Comment