Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good

The title says it all---sing it with me---Re-united and it feels so good, that is right it feels very, very good. On May 16th Chris and I left Lynchburg, VA for WI. At the time I am pretty sure I had laundry in the dryer and a load of dishes in my dishwasher. My plan was to be back in 4 days and finish packing up our apartment for the big move to Fort Myers....who knew it would not be until November 18th 6 months later a freakin 1/2 year later I would finally see my things again. It has been great to open the boxes and begin unpacking. Some of the fun things we found were the outfits we bought the day we found out we were pregnant---one for a boy and one for a girl---to come home in form the hospital, the original baby book I bought for Mary Cate...needless to say that will come in handy the next time around, but best of all the gift cards from my baby shower in VA---those will certainly come in handy now.

I am taking a break right now because it has been an unruly day----my husband in his infinite wisdom thought it would be great to have the Fort Myers Basketball team over for dinner before their first game---no joke, we moved in on Tuesday and today I hosted 20 high school boys for spaghetti---needless to say the house was not immaculate nor put together but we had a blast and they seem like a sweet group of guys. Chris is at the game now and I am cleaning and organizing.

In other fun news Grandma Mary came in to help out and she has been working around the clock since she flew in. Last but not least Mary Cate finally has a nursery. I am so excited and although it is not totally finished we are on our way and it should be done within a week or so. We are still sleeping at the barn and just working around the clock here at the rental so we are ready to host the Mustaine's for Thanksgiving next week!! When the house is in order I will post some pictures, we have had fun decorating and live in a really neat part of Fort Myers in what I think is a really cute house!! More to come

No comments: