Monday, February 1, 2010

I have an ARTIST on my hands!!


We had a pretty busy week last week and it looks like this week will be a lot slower. We had a ton of Dr. appointments and even went to a few of Chris's basketball games. MaryCate can usually last about a half, but that is sometimes pushing it. She just wants to get out and crawl on the bleachers, which is never a good idea. In speech this week MaryCate made her very first art project. It's not much, but she did have to say "on" "hat" and "bububububu" for button while her therapist helped her put it together. She also did the coloring at the bottom. I thought about posting it up on our fridge, but MC's Great Grandma Shea is not feeling to hot these days, so we sent it to her to hopefully cheer her up a little bit!

I had 2 Dr.'s appointments this week and finally got to see the specialist I really like, who explains things to me so clearly. He basically said nothing had changed since my previous appointment, but he showed me what had happened at that point, which was a lot more than I got from the doctor last time. Basically when I was pregnant with MC, they could not prove that I had an incompetent cervix, that was just the assumption, but now they have the proof. The stitch is holding tight, but there is no cervix above it---plenty below it. They have not put me on bedrest, which I am so thankful for. They do want me off my feet as much as I can, which is so easy with a 1 1/2 year old, but I am doing my best.

That is about all for now. We were busy today celebrating the feast day of St. Brigit!!!!


MaryCate's project
Here is what MaryCate does when I try to stay off my feet
Her clothes and everything on her shelves end up EVERYWHERE. She is obsessed with her SOCKS and loves pulling them apart and acting like she wants me to put them on her feet, but when I do, she takes them off instantly! Pretty sure at this point the chances of finding matches on any given morning is slim to none.
She loves the hat she got from her Mema, but it only fits when we unroll it
Irresistable

No comments: