Monday, February 15, 2010

Today was a great day!! Chris and I had decided we would spend $1 or less on each other for Valentines day and so we had to be creative. He WAY outdid me! Which for some reason I never expected but we both had a ton of fun!

My Gift: I found a coupon for a free bag of KitKat's which he loves----I was pumped and still had my $1. Then I wrote him, what I thought was a sweet prayer about how much I loved him and what I was thankful for about him. Still had my $1. Grocery shopping today, Jello was buy one (for $.99) get one free!! PERFECT, he also LOVES red jello, so I gave him the boxes and said I would make it this week. I thought I had done well.

Chris's Gift: He started by playing me a song----I wanted to put it on the blog so when you opened it you would hear it, but that seems to be too confusing---but here is a link to you tube if you want to listen to it----the name of the song is "You're having my baby" and it is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vdb9Bra968

He still had his $1. Next he gave me a stickie, in honor of Gray's Anatomy, (which is funny b/c we are ashamed to admit that we LOVE the show). It promises 5 guilt free, no strings attached, not half way 15 minute back rubs. This is like PURE heaven to me, and he still has his $1. His dollar was spent on half of a yoyo form publix---i LOVE these things but they cost $2. So he went there and asked them if he could get a 1/2 of one. I was cracking up. They are basically 2 chocolate chip cookies with whip cream in the middle---way too much whip cream but I can take 1/2 of it off!! I got one cookie with 1/2 the whip cream and cannot wait to enjoy it!!

MaryCate got tulips from her Daddy, which of course, as you can see from the picture she loved!! Enjoy the video as well, of some of her latest tricks. I have been meaning to post her walking so here she is. I tried to get 2 other tricks but I am not sure you can see how funny they are on the video. The 1st are her spirit fingers. We have been to a lot of Chris's basketball games and she LOVES the cheerleaders. They are pretty smitten with her as well. Whenever they get up, to cheer a free-thrower on, they put up their "spirit fingers", which they have enjoyed teaching MaryCate. Although I do think it is funny, I continue to pray that she does not choose cheerleading as her hobby----I am convinced, b/c she is so little, she would end up getting tossed all over the place and I have already had my fair share of anxiety when it comes to her life!

My Dr.'s appointment went well on Friday. I asked for some clarity on the bed rest and swimming. She basically said that everyone is, and will continue to be, vague because there is not a lot they know or can prove about bed rest or a lack thereof. She said I could not swim because there is no cervix above the stitch and if water gets into my amniotic fluid they would have to take the stitch out because of infection and I could go into labor. In essence she said it was not really related to bedrest. She said I could keep doing what I am doing, and apologized for not knowing more, but it sounds like no one can really guarantee anything. She said to use my best judgement on what I do and do not do. Fair enough!

Enjoy the pics and videos!!


MaryCate with pigtails for the 1st time
Her hair is getting so long and on says when it is not curly enough it gets in her eyes!!
MC smelling her flowers that she got from Daddy for Valentines Day
My Daddy is the best!
This is to show her persistance and ability to NOT GIVE UP



Here she is about a week ago

This was last night!!

2 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Good work learning to walk MC! Love the videos and the commentary:)

Life's A Journey... said...

Could just EAT her up! Love when she thinks she is speaking sentences to Chris!