I was talking to a girlfriend of mine this weekend who said she had a lot of swelling and swimming really helped. I figured I would give it a try, not for exercise but just to get the weight off my feet and relax in the pool. I went out and bought a cute maternity suit, and on the way home figured I better call and make sure this is ok. I 1st call my specialist and they told me they would ask the one Dr. I am not quite fond of. He said no====so I proceed to call my OB and see what she says, at which point I get lectured about the fact that I am on "modified bed rest" which for the record means nothing to me. What I know of bed rest is lying on my back all day, showering every other day and only getting up to use the restroom. The only indication they have given me was to lay down "when possible"----and I have made it clear that I have a 20 month old, which basically means "when possible" is nap time. Luckily I have an appointment on Friday and will get more information, but apparently no swimming for me and luckily the store took the suit back!! Sorry no pictures this time, I have been trying to lay down more and not run for the camera :)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
More Information
Information is something I am always seeking when I go to the Dr. these days. I feel like they must be so sick of all the questions I ask, but I also feel like I have good reason, given all we went through with MaryCate. A few weeks ago I went in for my Gestational Diabetes test and I failed the 1st one. They told me I would have to go into the lab for a 3 hour (which is actually a 4 hour) test. You are required to stay there the entire time, which I was just thrilled about. Had it been a spa, I would have been all for it, but a lab waiting room, no thank you. I set up the appointment for that day and quickly went online to figure out why this was happening and what I would have to do. I know that I have been unable to exercise and cannot because of my cervix, so I would have to change my diet, mostly by reducing carbs, since I did not have a TON of sugar intake. Anyhow then I was looking at all the symptoms and they lined up, so I was convinced I had it. I have been drinking so much water and that was a symptom. I have had a ton of swelling in my ankles, another symptom. I also assumed this was maybe why the baby has been so incredibly active. Well the 2nd test came back ok, so nothing needed to be changed but I am still a bit nervous about it and looking forward to my appointment this week so I can ask if it was a fluke or if my levels are somewhat elevated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment