Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a week

Last week was so busy, and I had been meaning to post but never got around to it. To begin, Monday, MaryCate and I went down to Naples for a tree lighting. I had heard they were going to make snow and I was so excited. So yes, it was snowing in downtown Naples and I think MC loved it!!! As did I of course. We met a friend of mine from high school, Katie Juehring, and her family. They were in Naples for the week so that was a blast.

Then on Wednesday Auntie Trista and Mema came to town to help prepare for Thanksgiving, and boy was I thankful. We never could have gotten the feast on the table without their help. We started the day by relaxing and went to get Manicures and Pedicures. Then we were off to shop and home to prepare!! It was a fun night, and we were exhausted and ready for bedtime when it came. We watched Elf before heading to bed, a Mustaine family tradition the night before Thanksgiving.

Thursday morning, Chris and Trista ran in the turkey trot in Cape Coral, while MC, Mema, and I slept in a bit---sleeping in is relative though, we were up by 7:30am. We got breakfast ready adn prepared to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, one of my most favorite things to do on Thanksgiving. Granddad showed up about 9:30am and we ate and enjoyed the parade. The day was pretty relaxing, as we had prepared a lot of the casseroles the night before. We even got to watch the Packer's play and WIN!!

The Juehring's were coming for dinner (5 of them) and we had 5 Mustaine's, so it was a full house but loads of fun. We ate about 4 and then relaxed a lot more. Mema and Grandad left, but Auntie Trista stayed, which was quite a treat. She has been very busy with Law School and so we do not get to see her as much. Friday we went out and got our X-mas tree. This is the earliest we have ever had it, but I was sure not going to complain, I think we got a great one. We went to a place that sells Wisconsin Trees---I was so excited when I saw the sign. Best part is that they give you a jar of pickles, my question to them was where is the cheese??? Anyhow we have had it up now with lights and ornaments and MC is doing great. She likes it, but has not touched it yet, a few stern no's and she knows better, hopefully that will stay true??

Friday night Chris and I got to go out on a date while Auntie Trista babysat!! We went to see Disney's A Christmas Carol and then got dinner at Carrabas, home in time to spend part of the evening with Trista.

Trista left on Sat. morning and the Well's came down for a night. We went to a holiday stroll and tree lighting in downtown Fort Myers with Cora and MC and I think they loved it. We spent Sunday eating lots of leftovers and going to a park. It was a fun week to say the least!! We are slowly recovering.

I go to the Dr. tomorrow, but despite all the action, have been feeling great. The baby is kicking like crazy and seems to be quite active. I am a bit nervous as we get into the weeks where I went into the hospital with MC and she was born. I will be 20 weeks on Friday so these next few weeks are crucial. If we can make it through that I will feel a lot better. I will keep you posted on what they say tomorrow, but I am hoping for a very uneventful visit!!

Miles of smiles from X-mas central----I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!! Enjoy the PICS

The girls, all geared up for the lighting of the tree
Family pic, with a cheesy background---and by the way, this is about as good of a belly pic as anyone is going to get, I am NOT CUTE, I am HUGE
The boys with their girls
This is MC's new favorite trick----How big is MaryCate
All the girls dancing in front of the newly lit tree
This is to make everyone in WI jealous, we went to a splash pad last week, to cool off...here is MC getting ready
This is the snow falling in Naples---ok so maybe it was bubbles, but it was fun none the less
This lady freaked me out, but wanted a picture with MC so I took it
MaryCate was so excited to go where the snow was falling!!
Really she liked it, I promise
When we were far from it, or would walk away, she would keep reaching for it

This is as good as it is going to get this year
MaryCate with Bella Juehring
MC in one of Daddy's shirts
MaryCate at the Bagel shop we go to on Saturday's, she is turned around the entire time, apparently Mom and Dad are already not as cool as everyone else
This is no big deal for most, but for us, this day was HUGE---the girl has never fed herself so we made a very big deal of this and were so proud of her!!

Auntie Trista and Chris returning from the Turkey Trot, I took the effort to text and ask for Stabux on the way home
Stuffing the bird
Look at my Thanksgiving day dress, I think this is a hand me down from my cousin Tricia's daughter, thanks heeeheee
MaryCate and Bella on Thanksgiving
Katie and I ----- Oh how we miss Physics and Spanish class
Us with our kids
Picking out the perfect tree
We got it!!
Calling Grandma, a new favorite pass time
Mom, I cannot understand Grandma
She keeps saying she is coming soon, we are counting down the days till Jan. 5th

2 comments:

Melanie said...

look at her curls, so beautiful
how are you guys
let's do dinner sometime soon
melanie

Life's A Journey... said...

LOVE the post. You look GREAT...MC cute as ever. I think I would LOVE Trista to be my sister-in-law...just saying!