Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Disney Trip


So I feel like we, or maybe I should say, I, have been pretty spoiled getting to do so much Christmas stuff---which I LOVE!! Chris and I had decided a while back to take a quick family vacation to Disney since the holiday season was going to be a bit crazy with him being out of town a lot and basketball season in full force. Chris had a pretty big basketball tournament that started on Friday, when I got back from WI, and went until today. Since we didn't know the exact schedule we had to play things a bit by ear. After the team won their game on Saturday we decided to quickly pack and take off so we could enjoy 2 full days there and head back Monday night for the game on Tuesday.

En route, we opted to spend the night at Auntie Trista's house to make it easier on MaryCate's schedule. We had a great dinner in St. Pete at PF Chang's Pei Wei and then took off early Sunday. When we got to Disney we checked in quickly at the Dolphin hotel on the boardwalk and then headed over to Epcot. MaryCate LOVED seeing all the Christmas trees. She has been so good about looking and not touching!! She would get ecstatic every time there was a big one spotted, and at Disney there were plenty of the them. We rode the sea ride there, because MC LOVES fish, and then we walked around a bit. After that we headed back to the hotel, and on the way saw some amazing gingerbread creations. MC got a good nap, and Auntie Trista came over to meet us for the eveing.

That night we went to the Candlelight procession at Epcot---it was great and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that Whoppi Goldberg would be the narrator. MaryCate did awesome and actually seemed to enjoy it.

We had a laid back morning on Monday---looked at some more decorations, Auntie Trista and I got some fancy coffee, and just enjoyed the cool weather. MC took a nap and then we headed to the Gaylord hotel to see ICE----I was SOOOO excited about this! They ship in over 2 million pounds of ice and sculpt it into what they call a "whimsical winter wonderland." I wish I could say it was incredible but if I blinked I would have missed it----MC was having none of it, and to make a long story short we literally walked in and then did everything we could to find an emergency exit out ASAP----it was a disaster. Oh well, live and learn.

We ended our vacation by heading back and dropping MC off with Mema and Granddad while Chris and I went on a fun date!! We drove back after her last feeding on Monday and have been busy with Dr.'s appointments ever since.

It seems MaryCate and I have both come down with a cold, probably from our trip to WI. We are hanging in there, just hoping tomorrow it improves a lot so we can enjoy Christmas. MaryCate saw her pulmonologist (my favorite of all our Dr.'s) on Tuesday as well---once again, she has lost some weight. SO, I asked him what he would do if she was his daughter....the next steps we are taking are, he has put her on an appetite stimulant, hoping this will help. He has also referred us to a endocrinologist----as if we haven't seen enough gist's (neonatologist, gastroentinologist, retinologist, opthomologist, and the list goes on)----they will look at her growth hormone. He was able to get her most recent blood work results, all of which came back normal of course. I will keep you posted but honestly, all I want for Christmas is a couple pounds and some teeth!!

Today, I had an appointment with my specialist and once again everything looks great. This is a big deal for us, because at this point with MC we were already in the hospital. The baby weighs approximately 1 lb 6 oz and is measuring 11 1/2 inches. According to my due date I will be 23 weeks on Friday but they said I am measuring about 23 weeks and 5 days. This is the best news yet, mainly because the baby is viable at 23 weeks---now, for all my NICU nurses reading this, I am not saying I want anything to happen anytime soon, but it was a relief to hear. The ultrasound tech said that the legs were quite long and kept going on and on about how rambunctious the little one was----SUPER! I go back in 3 weeks! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, will post some Christmas pictures after the holiday!!

Daddy and MC in front of a tree at Epcot
As you can tell it was a bit chilly for this time of year in FL---but I was loving it
MC and I in front of the Spaceship Earth
This one is for Uncle Pretty---learning the ropes
This is my girl who does not gain weight
Loving the aquarium
Look at that one mommy
A gingerbread carousel
Auntie Trista and MC in front of a tree at a disney resort
Can't you tell, it's WHOOPI
Reindeer display at our hotel
The Poinsettia Tree at our Hotel, MC went CRAZY when she saw this
Dinner ordered from the ESPN Zone, eating with a washcloth as a napkin
Family pic on the boardwalk
The girls Enjoying our morning coffee
Another attempt at a family Picture
A different gingerbread carousel
MC's first, of many, I am sure, pony rides with Auntie Trista
YeeeeHAW
So Sweet
I LOVE the snow
This is our only picture from inside ICE---with a HUGE ice Santa in the back

No comments: