Friday, December 18, 2009

Surprise Trip

So I did not post this information, mainly to avoid scrutiny and opinions, but at 21 weeks pregnant...Monday morning I boarded a flight to Wisconsin. Chris and I had decided not to travel over the holidays because we did not know what my condition would be and at this point tickets are quite expensive. After a discussion with my doctor, in which she reassured me the flying would not impact my cervix as well as a lot of prayer, I decided to go. The tickets for this week were so reasonable and Chris was in agreement that it was a good choice. Chris had to be out of town for work all week so we figured I would get more help at home and it would be good for my soul to see some family at this time of year. I am blogging now, safely in my home in Fort Myers. I had a Dr's appointment this afternoon and everything looks great.

MC and I had a blast. She LOVES being around her cousins!! Brady and Clare were so surprised to see us---My brothers new I was coming but not my parents or the kids, which was a really fun surprise. My brother Timmy picked us up on Monday and we went straight to my Dad's work...he was shocked, but not too shocked to show off his granddaughter to the whole office!! Then we went home and surprised Grandma Mary, who about fell off her rocker. She will be down here in less than 3 weeks to help out, as Chris has to leave again for a week, so she is excited to get so much time with MaryCate.

The pictures tell most of what we did, but it was a lot of relaxing, laying low, and being with family. We did make a quick run into th NICU to see all of MC's friends and despite the harassing I got for being there, they were all pleased to see how big my sweet little girl is getting. I am feeling great and the baby is a kicking on a regular basis. We are in town for a big basketball tournament this weekend and then heading off for some family time at Disney on Sunday through Tuesday---much needed as we have been apart for a week and Chris has to go again soon after the holiday. Will post pics after that trip too!! Hope you all are enjoying this time of year as much as I am!! I could celebrate all year!!

Too many Monkey's in MC's crib. Can you tell Clare was excited to have us around
MaryCate was wondering if this would work for a winter hat??
Watching a video with Uncle Ditty
Reindeer Ears
My little helper, always willing to lend a hand with MaryCate
All 3 in their St. Nick PJ's by the tree
I think Uncle Ditty had something to do with it, but I do think it suits her well
All bundled up!! How excited was I to have to get her in sweaters and a hat!!
My sweet girl, perfect weather to walk down and get a starbucks with Uncle Pretty every day
At the mall, attempting a picture with Santa
It was going great, they were telling him what they wanted
And then it went SOUTH

So we went to the play area, here Clare is flexing her muscles in the mirror
This is much more fun than Santa's lap

Side Note: MaryCate's hair goes instantly straight when we get off the plane in WI---it is SOOOO long, so I had to put it in a ponytail every day, we called her pebbles all week
Love this outfit
I got to go to Clare's Christmas program at school, she was not as excited about it, but she looked so cute, and I gotta be honest I cannot wait to get that hand me down
The last night we made gingerbread cookies----or licked the frosting at least
Monkey see, monkey do
Brady's 1st attempt
Helping Clare make her gingerwoman
So proud of his final product
Her too, man do we miss them already

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. Cute kids and great company, does it get any better?

Life's A Journey... said...

FUN! LOVE the pics!