Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where has the time gone?




I am sitting here in my in-laws basement in the new bedroom that was constructed for the girls and myself and I realized, wow we have been here for a long time (two months to be exact). I am almost full-blown Wisconsin at this point (which means I am starting to like cheese, brats and baseball, I care if the Brewers make the playoffs but not as much as I care if Brett Favre is coming back to play for the Packers). Just to let everyone know it not as bad as I thought it was going to be (but then again I better get out before Oct because I think that is when winter starts).

Before we get to Mary Cate I have prayer request to let you all know about. We all need to be praying for Jamison Setsma. He is my good friend Mark Setsma’s nephew and son to Todd and Melissa. He was born a couple of days ago with a rare skin condition called EB (it doesn’t allow the proteins in his skin to bind together). It is a very serious and critical condition so I told Mark that I would put the best group of praying people on the job and that is you guys. It has been amazing to be apart of watching God work through the blog and how He has been so faithful to answer the prayers of his people. So, if could please keep Jamison and his family on your hearts and prayers as they go through this difficult and scary process of fighting for Jamison’s life. I know they appreciate it.

Now onto Mary Cate. She is doing all right. She is actually on a down swing this week but we were coming off a pretty big high from last week. Her breathing is doing OK but the problem is that it takes a lot of energy for her to breathe and because she is using her energy to breathe her digestion isn’t going as well as it should be (she is still digesting really slow). So they may be putting her back on CPAP (which are the tubes that just give her pressure but don’t breathe for her) to help relieve some of the stress she is under and hopefully that will help her have more energy to digest her food (I wish it was that easy for my wife and I that all we had to do was be hooked up to a machine and we would feel less stress but that is just not he case). Now for the poop update as I so loving refer to it as. It is going very well. Ever since I posted on the blog for you all to pray about Mary Cate’s poops she has been as regular as a the US postal service. So thanks for that. The new request is for Mary Cate not to have to go back on CPAP and that she starts to digest more and more food so she can off her IV nutrients. Thanks for all you all do!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

we will be praying for you and MaryCate. We are excited to eventually have you guys in Ft. Myers!!