Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July From Mary Cate (don’t worry I am doing better)





Yes the word on the street is true I am doing better today.

I told Dad to take the day off from writing the blog (I thought he earned it with all the fun that went on yesterday) and I told him I would let all the good people know how I was doing and how much I appreciate them praying for me and my family. So let us start with how I am doing, which is way better than yesterday. Yesterday I decided to freak my parents by exploring new lows in how much I relied upon the ventilator (all the way down to 62bpm and 75% on my O2) and I also decided that my right upper lung was unnecessary so I dropped it and it collapsed (by the way that was not one of my most stellar decisions in my short life here on earth because when I needed my lung later it was hard to get back inflated). In the midst of all this it was interesting watching my parents reaction especially mommy who was kneeling with her eyes closed most of the time and daddy sitting next to her rubbing her back. So, today in honor of my great countries independence I decided to give my parents a break and start getting better (51 bpm and 37% O2). Also with some help from the doctor I got my lung back inflated which makes this breathing thing a whole lot easier. Dad keeps talking about the NICU being a rollercoaster but I don’t know what a rollercoaster is but I feel better than I did yesterday but who knows how I will feel tomorrow. Its tough being this small but with all the support I am getting I know it wont be long until I leave the hospital and start causing mom and dad all sorts of gray hairs in the comfort of my own home. Thanks for the prayers

Love


Mary Cate

2 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

What a cute little peanut and I LOVE the hat! Glad to hear things are improving!

Unknown said...

Dear Chris, Brigit, and Mary Cate:
We're thinking of you and praying hard! When Liam was born in February, he spent several days in the (Sarasota) NICU. It was amazing to see the families, doctors, and nurses devoted to taking care of these precious little bundles! Hang in there -- it is a roller coaster ride, and your love for each other and God's tender care will be your safety straps. You have a lot of fans out here, little girl!
With love,
Beth Teske and Dave Snodgress (and Liam!)