Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Three little angels

Not sure where to even start with this post but after a wonderful week in Colorado this week has seemed to be all a blur. We came home and on Monday I had an appointment with the specialist for the baby. My babysitter fell through, so I had both kids with me. I knew almost immediately that something was wrong. Long story short, the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I was just devastated----but thankfully, I looked to my right to see 2 of the most beautiful miracles with me, and in some ways I was glad they were there.

Chris rushed to the hospital and we had some sweet cries together as a family. Mary Cate even said-----no more baby mommy.....maybe next time. Well, I am not so sure about that, but it was sweet none the less.

Chris and I have so many questions, that will probably go unanswered, but we are grappling together and hoping that we can come out of this stronger. This is our third miscarriage and I think I have come to the conclusion that I am just not one of those people that was made for pregnancy. None the less my two sweet girls have brought me more joy in the past 2 days than I ever thought they could. I look forward to the day when I can hold the three sweet angels we have lost throughout the year

The fallout only continued to get somewhat worse. I had the option of taking medication that would hopefully he;p the miscarriage along or set up an appointment for a DNC. We opted for the DNC but could not get on the schedule until next Monday. Neither of us wanted to wait, so I took the medication last night and that may have been a mistake. Long story short, I ended up passing out three times before Chris decided we needed to get to the hospital immediately---he actually admitted had he not been so scared, he probably should have called 911 the first time it happened. I got an emergency DNC this morning and was resting comfortably at home by 9am.

I have never been more amazed by my supportive husband who was up all night loving me through this awful process. I am thankful for the great treatment I received and I honestly feel great tonight. I will continue to take it easy through tomorrow, but was told that the recovery should be somewhat easy, which I am finding. Of course we still grieve our loss, but rejoice in MC and Maggie who have eased this blow.

Not a whole lot else is new around here, thankfully. We are all ready for a calm and relaxing sring. Enjoy these pics, as Chris's computer is finally back AGAIN!!!


Big Maggie's visit----she came bearing presents, which is MC's FAVORITE
Look at my new apron----now lets make some cupcakes---thanks Aunt Madalyn
Ready to cook
Big Maggie did not get a whole lot of time with her goddaughter Maggie---MC was in LOVE
preparing the pans
These were some chocolates we got at a local chocolate store-----SOOOO PRETTY AND SO YUMMY
A little one on one for little Mags
St. Patricks Day----I have visions of them being the best of friends
Kisses
Going out on our 5 year anniversary
Look---I can hold my puffer all by myself
So pappa Denny taught MC how to shake out the garbage bag and she taught Maggie---now they do it together when they finish breakfast
This is so much FUN
Still trying to unpack from Colorado---Maggie loves to play in the suitcase
I could just eat her up

2 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby... Thinking of your family.

Unknown said...

love you Brigit!