Monday, April 25, 2011

Let the pictures do the talking

I will not write much as I have SOOO many pictures to post. It has taken a while because we had quite the stroke of Great and then horrible luck a few weeks ago. The week we lost the baby Chris was dealing with some more computer glitches. He took the machine into the Apple store and walked out with a brand new mac book pro....for NOTHING. He could not believe it. He even told me on a number of occasions that I was not appropriately excited about the situation. Long story short, we had the computer for 4 days before it got stolen out of our car. It felt like a cruel joke and poor Chris was so excited about it. There is no way we can afford a computer like that at this point, so our hope is that in some form or fashion it will find its way back to us. In the meantime we got an old desktop that will meet our immediate needs. So here are the highlights of the last month!! They include Maggie's first birthday, a trip to Wisconsin, our first swim of the year and Easter!! They are in horrible order because I am not sure I understand how this computer organizes them all. Sorry about that.


Maggie digging into her cake at her party in Wisconsin
YUM YUM
All the kids want to blow the candle out
The balloon was a HUGE HIT
Brady loves all his girls, what a great cousin
Maggie's cake
3 bumps on a log....Denny trying to explain a Garmin to his parents, TOTAL JOKE
This is Maggie getting ready for her birthday party in Wisconsin
Daddy and his girls
Daddy and Maggie
Mommy and her girls
Sweet sisters
Me, my girls and Ronald McDonald, could Easter get any better???
Maggie getting ready for Easter Dinner
Ever since MC was born and we went through what we did in the NICU, I have thought of ways that we can help other families. I kept putting it off and finally went the other day to our local Ronand McDonald house and asked for ways that we could volunteer. One way is to make meals for the families staying there. We signed up to do it once a month, and our first night was Easter Sunday. We offered to do it. We had been out of town so much and just wanted to lay low around Fort Myers. It worked out great and we were able to eat there with the families.
OUr only Family picture on Easter, taken by a volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House
These were the 2 cupcakes that MC made, they did not make it to the Ronald McDonald House
MC enjoying some of her own creation
MaryCate helped me make and decorate Easter cupcakes for us to bring to the Ronald McDonald House
The smile never goes away
Family photo at the Easter Egg hunt
Here I come
Life is GOOD
Sweet girl
I would even eat a plastic egg
LOVING the purple eggs
MC wasn't half bad, just not as into it as MAGS, she would rather bounce in a bounce house


Let's just say Maggie is a great kid for an Easter Egg hunt, I think she got double the eggs MC got and was SOOOOO excited about it. I never would have thought it but give her a basket and she is off
They had an easter egg hunt at a local park near our house, the girls LOVED it, bounce houses and all. Just a bit hot for all the activity but we managed
Daddy's little girl.---So the sleeves on this dress look a bit awkward I know. I bought the dress from a resale shop and thought it looked cute, but when I out it on MC she looked like she was walking straight out of Amish country. So I plan to sew the sleeves off, just didn't have time to do it before she wore it
Love this pic----ok, so you can see her undies but I think it is hilarious!!
Mom----stop taking pictures, we just want to hunt eggs
Ready to go hunt for easter eggs
We finished Mommy
So proud of her egg dunking abilities
I would prefer to just eat them, thank you very much
My happy go lucky girl
Coloring Easter Eggs with Daddy
Hanging out with Alex and her dog Oscar, once we met Oscar, Alex became a FAVORITE
The girls and Their Uncle Ditty
Reading Cinderella with Pappa Denny, all is right with the world
The actual Day of Maggie's birthday, the girls each got a little Bunny cupcake after dinner to celebrate, her party in Wisconsin was the following night
Maggie all bundled up and snuggling with her Godfather, Uncle Ditty
Pretty sure Uncle Ditty was in charge here. Best part is that she LOVED it and continued to go down this slide at the Children's museum. Usually head first though
My sweet baby is 1, I still can't believe it
Best Friends Forever
Gotta love you some MC curls
I love my niece!! She is my favorite niece of all time
Magie on the morning of her very FIRST birthday
Celebrating at Alterra on the lake with Coffee and a Roll. We out a candle in her roll and she tried to put it out with her finger, that did not go so well and she was crying for a while after this picture
MC was obsessed with the bird bath at my parents house, maybe I should think about getting her a water table
Playing in the dirt over at St. Monica's. Brady was so proud to take everyone to HIS playground, where he plays at school. Little does he know I played there first, over 30 years ago
Brady being all Gangsta
These two are BEST FRIENDS, and look at their matching outfits. Clare could not wait to match Maggie, she was so good to her younger cousin
COUSINS COUSINS, Papa Denny and Grandma Mary love nothing more than all 4 in the house at once :)
Look Mommy----Clare, Brady and Lambeee all came to wake me up this morning
The smile......I hope this dissipates soon
Funny how using a fork is so much easier when it is used to eat cake
Don't mind if I do
I LOVE my birthday
Maggie's first Birthday, celebrating in Bradenton with Auntie Trista, Mema, Grandad, The Well's and the Price's---celebrating a bit early since we would be in Wisconsin for her real birthday
I just love a good picture of Lona and MC, the height difference cracks me up
Cora and MC keeping watch at Mema's house
Maggie's first time in the pool at Mema's house---I think she would have stayed in all day if we let her
MaryCate could be a bed head model for sure
Swimming with her Daddy
MC sportin her MEMA hairdo, one pony, right in the middle
First visit to the splash park for the year----Maggie LOVES it, MC is still a bit hesitant
Check out this gator mommy
Don't you just want to eat her up
This was a BAD day at our house. we had some old Checks and Chris decided burning them would be our best bet. So he grabbed part of our Christmas tree, which is still in our side yard and lit the checks on fire in our fire place. Seems our flu is not working, the house was SOOOO smokey for about 3 hours, it was awful. But at least him and MC had fun watching them burn

No comments: