Many of you may remember the kind words I had for Coach Guttery last year at the end of the basketball season, if not you can refer back to the post last March. I don't have as many words for him this year and the title of this entry would be more accurate if it was dedicated to Fort Myers athletic department, but I like tradition and so I thought I owed it to Scott.
I wasn't sure what this season would bring. With Chris heading up the JV team we mostly went to those games, which were a lot less crowded and for the most part the girls did pretty well......but then there was the end of the season. I was thankful that the playoff games began at 7pm, instead of 7:30pm. This made it more convenient for my girls to make it through the entire game. I am sure they were thinking of me when they scheduled them.
The end of the season was perfect timing in the life of my children.....MaryCate was just potty trained, which is really convenient in a high school gym. I would run her and Maggie to the bathroom, and lifting her onto a toilet with Maggie in my arms was a piece of cake, especially since Maggie is so light these days. I guess I could have set Maggie down----NASTY!! Chris would always mention that I could use Coach Guttery's office-----sure in the middle of the second quarter, I'll just lean over the bench and kindly ask him for his keys. I am sure he would oblige.
Bleachers are awesome places to hang out with 2 1/2 year olds who loves to climb and hate being close to their mother. I wasn't so worried about her, but I am pretty sure that the people around me thought I was so irresponsible. I had no choice but to let her go. Don't get me wrong, I know what she is capable of, and she has a lot more balance than it looks like, but I could have caused a few gray hairs in some folks around me.
Then there is Coach Guttery's kids. They are wonderful and MaryCate is enthralled by them. She seems to think that they are her best friends and I am pretty sure she just annoys them as they are almost 3-4 years older than her. Now I get that they have done their time and probably gone through all these things that i am going through years ago, but when I see them with a simple notebook and a pen, entertained throughout an entire game, I cannot help but get a little jealous. If I gave Maggie a notebook she would eat every page of it. Mary Cate would love to color....for about 5 seconds. She would put one mark on each page and be so over it.
Parking is my last grievance. I get that this team is good---they have a BIG following, great. I do my best to get out the door in plenty of time so I can make it to the game. But it never fails. I am leaving and MC has to go potty. Then I am loading up Maggie and she has a poopy diaper. Then MaryCate needs a snack and a sippy cup, and she just ate dinner....ok you get it, I never leave when I want to. So I get there and I literally park what feels like a mile away. Maybe that is an exaggeration but when you are carrying a 23 pound beautiful girl and dragging the sweetest little 2 1/2 year old who refuses to hold your hand in the parking lot it feels like MILES!
I can only hope that with time it will get easier. I am sure next season I will have it down and it will be a breeze. Let's see, when are try-out's........end of October, oh no, that is when we are due with baby #3, I have been assured that try-out's aren't until the first week of November. PERFECT
GO GREEN WAVE
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment