Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wrap up of our trip

I am back from our getaway, and it only continued to get better from my last post. I really can't begin to put in words how refreshing and energizing it was. I hope that we can continue to make it a priority for our marriage and our family. We did not bring our camera, so the only picture I have is below....Chris took it with his phone so it is not that great.

Chris stayed a few extra days and had the chance to go skiing at Breckenridge and then golf today. He has continued to have a fabulous time, and I am so glad he got some good time with some of our good friends out that way.

It was so WONDERFUL to see the girls when I got home. I got home late on Thursday night and MC got up in the middle of the night---she was shocked to see me, but I could not have asked for a better greeting. And nothing ever beats Maggie's smile first thing in the morning.

The original plan was that MC was going to stay with our friends the Johnson's and Maggie as going to stay with Auntie Trista...who, bless her soul was on Spring break from law school. Trista had planned on going to her best friend Lona's house with Maggie---Lona has kids the same age as my kids. Well as luck would have it----last Sunday MC came down with a fever and we left her puking at Mema and Grandad's house. Long story short Mema took the entire week off of school and stayed home with MC so that the Johnson kids would not get sick. In an effort to help out, Auntie Trista stayed at Mema and Grandad's house as well. We owe them all our life. It was so kind and generous of everyone to pitch in so that we could relax and reconnect. To add to the drama on Monday morning, we called when we landed in Denver only to be informed that Maggie had already been to the Emergency Room. She had a sudden allergic reaction to something and had to get a shot and some medication. Everything was fine but poor Auntie Trista had to deal with the stress of it all. After the week, I am pretty sure I heard her say that Bagdhad was a walk in the park compared to watching the two kids :)!!!! She is an Angel to have given up her vacation for us and we are so thankful!! Enjoy the pics.


Chris at the top of a double black diamond---what a freakin stud


This is me right outside on the porch of where our room was

No comments: