The trip has been unbelievable. I am not sure where to even start. The plane ride was heavenly---are you kidding me....not one child??? Going through security was a BREEZE, and I even bought a trashy magazine to read. Can't remember the last time I did this. When we got into Denver we met some great old friends from our small group when we were first married. It was
so refreshing and fun to eat a meal at the same time and not worry about feeding kids or juggling high chairs.....hold for one minute, breakfast in bed just arrived.
....DELISH!! So then we headed 3 hours southwest of Denver to Buena Vista Colorado which is right in the middle of the collegiate mountain ranges. We showed up at a Young Life camp and have been treated like royalty ever since. All the little things that have fallen into place have made our time perfect and SOOOOO refreshing. WHen we got our rental car, we had paid for a full size car. The man who was helping us said that they would have to upgrade us since they were out of full size cars, and Chris got his dream car, a hard top jeep wrangler. At camp we ended up in special housing where we got a king size bed, which was such a treat.
The weather has been perfect, it even snowed a little yesterday, which made me so happy. We have had the opportunity to hear from experts on parenting, marriage and continuing to keep our relationship and family focused on God. It has been nothing but wonderful. We feel so blessed and privledged to be a part of this amazing community that not only cares for us, but for the health of our family. We are relaxed and getting filled up, ready to get back and see those 2 sweet girls we miss so much.
I will write another blog in the future about how the girls are doing while we are here, it hasn't been roses but we are trying not to let that ruin our time and knowing and trusting that they are always safe in God's hands!!
Wish I had the time to share so much more. Sitting in bed looking out our front porch sliding glass door right now and 2 deer are just walking around. The backdrop of the mountains is amazing. Tonight we get to dress up and have a fancy dinner----will share more later, just wanted to check in!! I wish everyone I knew had the opportunity to do something like this, I believe we will do everything we can to make it a habit!!
1 comment:
Glad you are having fun! Enjoy this time...as you will be a better mother for it in the long run. Even though it's hard to leave the girls! Take pics and post!
Post a Comment