Saturday, February 26, 2011

All good things must come to an end.....

....including my blogging Hiatus. I had no intention of taking one, but our computer had to be sent away for a week and in the midst of basketball season and trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, time got away.

This certainly does not mean that there has been a lack of excitement here at the Mustaine home. We have been busy and both girls are doing great. In terms of milestones Maggie has adopted the new nickname, "full speed ahaed" as she is crawling everywhere, close to being a walker. She is pulling up on everything, including her sister. (and when she does this, they are almost the same height, pretty funny. Also she has begun the wonderful stage of teething. I was so not ready for this as MC did not cut a tooth until 18 months and they told me it was genetic, not b/c she was a preemie. Well the best part is that the very first tooth she cut, is the ONLY tooth that MaryCate has yet to get, kind of ironic.

In MaryCate news, she decided about 4 weeks ago she was done with diapers. I had no say in this decision and to be totally honest it has been the easiest thing I have ever done. In almost a month she has only had one accident right at the beginning while she was at a 1 1/2 hour therapy session. You better believe after all we went through trying to train her in three days---I will take a totally different approach with Maggie. Whenever she wants......this is rediculous, I mean she even knows how to hold it, if we are out for a run or far from a bathroom. It's been great, praying it remains that way. She is LOVING being a BIG girl and talks about it all the time....I am doing my best to remind her that a lot of that talk is "private."

Unfortunately Chris's basketball season came to an end tonight. They made a great run this year again, but couldn't finish as well as they did last year. They lost in the Regional Finals to go to state, but played their hearts out. The semi-final game was amazing----they were down by 17 at half and 20 at one point, but came back to win by 1!!! Go Green Wave. Chris was the head coach for the boys JV team this year and they finished their season a few weeks back, undefeated. It was so fun for me to watch him coach such a fine group of talented guys. He has seen his fair share of loss's in his coaching career and it was fun to have such a successful season.

As for me, I am still on a high, enjoying the packer WIN in this years super bowl. For the first time in my life I told Chris I wanted absolutely NO responsibility for the children for that 3-4 hours (that didn't go so well)!!! I enjoyed every second of that win and was so proud to be from Wisconsin!!

Some of the pics below are from last weekend----we took a mini vacation to Bradenton to relax since Chris did not have a basketball game and had President's Day off. It was relaxing and the girls had a blast at the beach!!

I know there is probably a ton more to write but I will try to catch up later and leave less time between my next post!!

Best Packer Fan EVER
This was taken b4 the super bowl......just call her a prophet and yes that is a PACKER teether
Already standing on things to reach other things----I have no idea where she gets that
Pulling up on her table
This was a VERY special night, eating in front of the TV
It was the night of the NFC championship game, and Chris had a committee meeting at 5:30---seriously??
So I let the girls eat in front of the TV
Maggie's very first TV dinner---GO PACK GO, I felt like a horrible mother, but I am sure they won't remember-----right??
This is how I found her sleeping one day for her nap
She wears this tutu on a regular basis----thanks BIG Maggie, gotta love that smile
Decorating the windows for Valentines Day
Loving all the hearts we got from Mema
So much fun, that was until Maggie ate one of them, no worries...I found it about 18 hours later
Maggie with Daddy and the flowers he got her on Valentines Day
MC with Daddy and the Flowers he got her on Valentines Day
I swear she DOES NOT get this from me, pretty sure she is talking to her cousin who she loves calling Clareeee Bearyyyyyy
MC at the playground in Bradenton
Happy girl swinging away
Maggie's first trip to the beach
Loving the water
FUN IN THE SUN----AREN'T YOU JEALOUS MIDWESTERNERS

No comments: