Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lots of Pictures

I have officially given up on Chris's promise to blog in my absence. What I will say is that you all should be thankful he posted while we were in the hospital. I have heard many stories about my condition the first few days and needless to say I was under the influence of some strong drugs.

Glad that is over and I am no longer on any pain meds!! This will be somewhat of a short post with a lot of pics. All is well here, Maggie is an awesome baby. She does exactly what she should, eat---sleep---and poop!! The Dr.'s thought she lost more weight than she should have at first (a whole pound---??)but I think we are working our way back up. We head to the Dr. on Tuesday and I am hoping we will not have to supplement with formula. We went through so much of that with MC, it would be nice to just breastfeed Mags. MaryCarte is adjusting great. She is OBSESSED with "baby" and wants to kiss her all the time. My parents were here the past week. I have no idea what we would have done without them and was glad they took time out of their schedules to come down. We have help for the next 3 weeks, which will give us some time to get on a schedule and hopefully get a better handle on having 2 kids in the house!! I love both my daughters and have enjoyed being home with them. I am recovering well from the C-section though it was much harder than I had anticipated. I have so many stories I want to share but for now I will let the pictures do the talking and hope to blog when the girls are sleeping!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayer, she is truly a miracle---just as much as MaryCate was and we are so thankful for 2 happy healthy girls!!


A visit at the hospital from our friends The Hornbuckles, Brett and MC are in the nursery together!!
I think this is my favorite picture from the hospital
Getting ready to take her home---we bought the outfit when we first found out we were pregnant with MC, but it was in VA, so we did not have it to bring a baby home in. Glad we got to finally use it
My dad arrived and was ready to RELAX----boy did he have a swift kickin the butt, but was very helpful, especially playing with MC
My parents drove so they could bring down a few things. This is a high chair that doubles as a desk and a potty---my Grandpa Bob found it and totally refinished it, MC LOVES to sit in it and color
Auntie Reba sent down a bin of hand me downs from Clare and at this rate I am pretty sure I will never have to buy clothes for MC. This is one of my favorites!! Thanks REBA
Here is the comparison PIC---this is MC
....and her little sister (one of these things is not like the other, one of these things has BIGGER cheeks)----I definitely see a resemblance---what I can tell you is their lips are IDENTICAL
The kisses begin
This is to prove that he did in fact hold her----maybe only once----but he did it!
He also found the liberty to share his drink
With their matching shirts on----big and little sister
2 bumps on a log----my in-laws came down for dinner one night to see my parents, we had a blast
Mema in her glory
Dennis with his beer, Mary with her wine and MC with her book---now I'd like to keep it that way for a VERY long time
Gramma Mary in her GLORY
Gramma Mary taught MC pue, pue, pue
As you can tell she has not been neglected===LOVES to swing outside after dinner each night
Another set of matching outfits from Aunt Joan and Uncle King, my mom's cousin!! I am going to LOVE dressing these 2 alike
All of God's grace wrapped up in one sweet little face, how we love our sweet Maggie Nita!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

YAY for pictures :) So glad everyone is doing well. We'll be here ready to help when your three weeks of newborn help has passed.

And maybe once we are all 100% healthy, we can come by for a visit.

Life's A Journey... said...

Few comments:

1. Look's like Mag's feet are the same size as MC's.

2. Denny looks "SO TOTALLY DENNIS" in the pic where he is holding Mags.

3. Love all the pics with beer in them...looks like the rents had a GREAT time!

4. How CUTE are your girls?!