Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Maggie


I know you all have been waiting with baited breath for the formal unveiling of Miss Margaret Nita Mustaine and here she is...


Maggie is what we are going to call her for short...Brigit said Margaret would be her formal name and Maggie would be what everyone called her. I didn't know everyone needed a formal name but when I started to think about it most people I know have a formal name and a name everyone uses...(ie Christopher & Chris or Crashy, Tim or Ditty, Megan or Big Red, Leaver or .... what ever we feel like calling cousin Katie when we call her and the list could go on and on)

Maggie was born yesterday the 14th of April at 12:57 pm she weighted 9 lbs 10 ounces. NO that is not a type-o she weighted 9lbs MC is didn't weigh 9 lbs until she was over 1 years old. I know, I know I am not supposed to compare my children because they are both uniquely blessed and both are so wonderful in there own special way but seriously whose sick joke is it that we have a 1 pound baby and an almost ten pound baby really. MC was to small for newborn diapers and Maggie is gonna be to big for them before we go home, Maggie feet are almost as big as MC's feet are RIGHT NOW, MC couldn't fit into newborn clothes and Maggie probably wont be able to either. Brigit said she never does anything half way but I didn't know she was this serious.

In all honesty everyone is doing well MC loves her new not so little little sister and she loves to give her kisses:


MC also loves to laugh when Maggie cries not as cute but very big sister ish.

Mom is doing well recovering from the c-section. She does nothing but sleep and feed the baby which is a full time job right now [we are not use to a baby that likes to eat or doesn't have NICU nurses taking care of her (thanks again to all of our nicu friends) but we are learning quick].

Maggie is crying so I have to go....thanks for the prayers and continue coming back to read I am in charge of posting for a couple days and you never know what I might say so it should be interesting.

Later, Sleep deprived Dad

5 comments:

Life's A Journey... said...

OK, she is SO cute...but I honestly thought she was a fat version of MC! LOVE that she's a HUNK of a CHUNK, and LOVE the name! Congrats to EVERYONE! You had the BIGGEST baby in the Shea family and also the smallest! Quite a feat!
Love- Katie, Curt-Dog, Curt-Diggity Dog, Leaver, Leave-Diggity, Leave-Doggy Dog, Leave-diggity Dog,Rinkermama, Activated, etc!

Life's A Journey... said...

Hey, Congrats ---this is Aunt Margaret Mary speaking from K.T's computer. I Love the name!! It has a certain jingle to it like Katie Curtis. You will be amazed how many people call her Maggie Mustaine! Ya just have to. It goes together. Glad all are well and healthy. I agree that she looks like a chubby Mary Kate. Hey everyone needs a formal Saints name!!!! Enjoy your life together. Pretty sure Brigit won't be calling me after school any more. LOL

Aunt Margie

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Congrats on the new baby! We are so happy she is healthy and as my kids like to say, "chubby-whubby"!

*I also have to add that I have NEVER seen a kid with feet as small as MC's. So it really isn't a big shocker that Maggie's feet are bigger already.

Becky said...

YAY for pictures. I love that your girls were 1 lb and 10 lbs. That's good stuff. Looking forward to seeing you all when we are 100% healthy. If we can help in anyways, let us know. We are here and available. I offer cleaning/laundry services. And anything else you might need or just not want to do.

Becky said...

I keep 'continuing to come back to read' the blog because 'you never know what I'm gonna say' and there's nothing here. Brigit gives you ONE JOB now that baby Maggie is here and you're slacking already. Hmpf.