Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday week has begun

Well we are only 2 short days away from MaryCate's first birthday, I can hardly believe it. The time has flown and there are days that feel like we are just getting to know her and others that feel like we had her ions ago. We began celebrating on Sunday with her birthday party at the Mustaine's. She had a blast and got so many fun new toys. We went swimming with her friend Abby, and she got her first taste of birthday cake.
Along with it being her first birthday, MC has a lot of other firsts this week. She began eating more table food and had her first banana, first pancake and first cherrio. Then tomorrow she will go on her very first airplane to see the Shea's. We can hardly contain ourselves with excitement. Below are the pics from Sunday, many more to come as we continue the celebrations in WI!!

Auntie trista always gets me the best presents

Big pimpin with my new sunglasses and my new hairstyle (it is called I have super pale and need 55spf sunblock on my head)

Just chillin with dad, cooling off in Mema and Grandad's pool

Family photo in the pool

MaryCate's friend Abby trying out the new floaty we got from Mema

Happy Naked babies

OK, so since MC was little I had decided I did not like the headband bows, but we borrowed one from Abby this weekend and I think I am a big fan, how cute is she??

Momma and her girl before the fun began

Her first dig at the cake

Looks like she did get one of mommy's traits, a sweet tooth

Double fisting it baby

Family photo before the much needed bath

The battle over MaryCate's Nuk

Looks like Abby won, or MC is just very good at sharing

Our friends, the Kofer's, trying to turn MC into a Gator fan, but we all know she is an Irish fan at heart

3 comments:

Life's A Journey... said...

Could she be any cuter! LOVING her pics! Happy Birthday! Now go get the little rinker a DD coffee light and sweet! We need to get her in our "club" at a young age! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I love the headband...what a doll! Happy Birthday MC!!

Becky said...

So cute! Happy Birthday to MC. The boys will have to round up a special gift for her when you guys get back. How does she feel about trains and cars?