So it has been a while since I have posted, but understand that I am SO in my happy place right now. The great beer and cheese state of Wisconsin. I have no way of downloading my pictures here, so this will just be a short update on what we are up to and I will post all sorts of fun pictures when I get back to FL. Chris and I came to Wisconsin June 3rd and were scheduled to stay a week. Chris did just that---I on the other hand am still here, with good reason.
Chris's younger sister, Trista, is in the Army reserves. Ironically, she got a 2 week assignment starting today in LaCrosse WI. I have an Aunt who lives in LaCrosse, and since Trista did not know anyone there, what better thing for me to do as a loving sister-in-law, but to join her there (I always do what I can to fenegal myself into staying in WI as long as possible :) SOOOOO---The plan was that I would fly back with her, but flights were a bit outrageous, and for me to stay an extra week in Milwaukee and change my ticket was a whopping $40, so here I am.
MC and I have had a great time so far. When Daddy was here we spent a lot of time with the cousins and family. We vistied the NICU and MC got to see her 1st Dr., Dr. Bob!! Chris and I got to go to a Brewer game while Grandma and pappa watched MC. MaryCate's 1st birthday was a hoot. We had about 30-40 people at my parents place and she was so good.
Since Daddy left it has been a bit more low key. Still lots of time with family, but more walks around the neighborhood and down time. We went to OshKosh yesterday and met my college roommate, which was fun. We have visited with the great grandparents and of course tons of time with Grandma Mary and Pappa Denny.
We head out to LaCrosse in about an hour. It just so happens that 4 of my cousins will be there as well---3 of them with kids of their own, another Aunt of mine with 2 of her kids and of course Auntie Trista. Good thing MC got a good night sleep last night, cause this reunion is gonna be a blast. Watch out God's country, here we come!!
Pictures to follow once we get back to FL---I return home on June 20th, just in time for Fathers Day.
Side note---if you read this today and know how to get a hold of my husband, give him a ring tomorrow (June 16th)---it is his 30th birthday and we are not going to be around.
Another side note---Chris calls me yesterday and says "I am thinking about going shopping so I have some food for the week" (mind you he has been home for 5 days, I have no idea what he has been eating)He proceeds to ask me "what do you think I should buy??"
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment