Sunday, January 25, 2009

Father-Daughter Road Trip 09

On our way out the door

This is what my dad was doing when I asked if he would help pack up the car at the hotel before beginning day 2, thanks Denny

Do not tell Grandma Nita but there was no way you could see out the back of the car---what the heck are we going to do if we ever have another child

See it wasn't that bad

We made it...with lots of stories along the way----where to start?? I think I will start with some of the great questison my Grandpa...not my dad, his dad asked me while we were traveling...the first was right before we got on the road, he asked "are you taking the baby??"---are you kidding me Bob Shea...I told him no, we left her in a snow fort we built in the backyard and if he would not mind coming over and making sure her blanket didn't fall off I would appreciate it. Then we talked to him day 2...he asked about the continental breakfast at the hotel and if we fed the baby any of the hash browns, again no we are busy trying to master rice cereal right now so I though hash browns would be pushing it. When we talked to him day three he wanted to know when we stopped seeing snow along the way and of course the temperature all around each day.
All in all the trip was not that bad. MaryCate did really good until about the last hour both days, at which point she thought it would be fun to go bolisitc. She slept a lot more on the way to Wisconsin, it is shocking the difference a month can make. Enjoy the shots we got along the way and I will report more about Denny's stay here in FL soon!!

No comments: