Again it has been a while since our last post, but we have been traveling the country to finally land where we belong, Fort Myers Florida. We left last Saturday with a tearful goodbye and plenty of Oxygen to carry MC here. Day one we made it to Lexington. KY. This was our only stop at a hotel. The only mishap was when we got there we realized one of Mary Cate's Medicines had spilled all over---it was 11:30pm so we had to page our pediatrician in WI and get them to call in the script to a 24 hour pharmacy and it all worked out. Sunday we were off to Lynchburg, VA to see some friends and introduce MC to many who had been praying for her. We had a wonderful visit there and then on Monday headed to Savannah, GA to see Auntie Trista. Tuesday we went to Orlando where Chris had some Young Life training and then on Wednesday Mary Cate finally got to meet Grandad and Memaw Mustaine in Bradenton. We met them for dinner and then headed to Fort Myers where we have been since.
We LOVE the place that we are staying. A wonderful family that is on the YL committee here has opened their barn apartment to us----no joke, the horse stables are right below. It is a beautiful place and we are getting settled in quite well. I do not have internet there so I will not be able to post as much, but am going to try and make it to Chris's office at least once a week to update you all. We are still in the process of looking for a home and learing how to live with a preemie. The simple things like going to the grocery store are a lot harder now. Mary Cate is loving FL. She went to see her doctor on THursday and weighed in at 6lbs 4oz. We have a lot of appointments next week for follow up but all in all she seems to be doing great. I have a TON of great pictures but we left the cord that connects the camera to the computer in WI so once I get that I will post more pictures. Just wanted everyone to know that we have landed safely and are slowly settling in. Miles of smiles from home sweet home!!!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah! Now it's time to get settled as a BIG HAPPY FAMILY of THREE!
Oh I am so glad that your journey to FL was rather uneventful (minus the meds spilling) I hope you all are getting settled in and getting in the swing of life in FL. Quite the accomlishment! As for going to the grocery store with baby in tow... Shopping will never be the same no matter what their age! LOL
HUge hugs!
Hi Bridgit! Your little girl is sooo beautiful im so happy to see you finally got to take her home and she is doing soooo well! This is when the real adventure begins! I'm so excited for your new family! I would love to meet her if you are ever in bradenton! give me a call if you get some downtime! 941-536-7149 Kendyl and Jen send their love! love always
Sabrina Jacobs
i'm so glad that y'all made it back to the sunshine state. i'm hoping that i'll get to see you over thanksgiving and meet mary cate. love you!
Post a Comment