This week has been filled with lots of unpacking, getting settled and Dr.’s appointments. Mary Cate is doing well. She is so incredibly even tempered. She has gotten 5 shots this week and has really been a trooper. We have gotten all good reports. Her last weigh in with the pediatrician was 6lbs. 8 ½ ounces. She continues to get fortified breast milk and I continue to pump with each feeding to keep up with her. Her eyes checked out great with the retinologist and he referred her on to an ophthalmologist whom we will see when she is 6 months. The Pulmonoligist reduced her oxygen again but left her on it. She is only on .3 liters and it sounds like he will leave her there for a month and then take her down to .1 for a month and then take her off. I seemed to have thought it would go a bit quicker than that, but I am learning how differently they handle things here in FL than they do in WI, so all in due time I guess.
We are in the process of placing an offer on a house but it seems to be taking longer with all the logistics and the economy the way that it is, so we will see if that works out. Lastly, I am truly learning what it is like to be a stay at home mom. I feel like no matter how hard I work I literally never get anything done. I am at a coffee shop across the street from Chris’s office catching up on email and blogging-----could it get any better. That is right, I dropped MC off with Chris and then after taking the advice of my cousin I belted out “I am Free-----Free Falling”----last Saturday night at 7pm I left Chris at home with Mary Cate and went to Target and again-----HEAVENLY!!! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE staying home with her and would not trade it for the world, but it is good to get out every now and then, especially because we are so far out of town right now. We still have not found our cord for the camera but as soon as we do I will get some pictures up!! Hope this finds you all doing great!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cousin's, Cousin's! Would LOVE to be with you singing, drinking coffee, and blogging!
I remember when a trip alone to Publix was a delight! I would get a coke in the deli (a huge splurge for me!) and just wander the store enjoying my coke and my freedom. Glad to hear all is going well - hope it works out with the house. If not, I happen to know a dang fine builder! Love you guys, Erin
Brigit...isn't that our FAVORITE grocery STORE! (:
Post a Comment