OK---I know that every mother thinks this, but I must say with all these tubes (or hoses as my dad likes to call them) gone, I think my daughter is beautiful. I have so much fun dressing MC up and taking pictures. These preemie clothes are awesome. Unfortunately I do not seem to be looking as cute as my daughter. MC's speech therapist had a preemie and said when she looked back at all her pictures when her son was in the hospital, she realized how little time she spent on herself during that time --- which actually made me feel somewhat better---I cannot remember the last time I did anything with my hair or put on any make up at all. Dad also wanted me to include the picture of him after night one on the pediatric floor----it was quite the introduction to parenthood---my favorite moment was when Chris asked the nurse when MC would get on a schedule and sleep through the night.
MC had her last head ultrasound today, prior to discharge. Everything in her brain looks normal. YEAH!!!! She also had a follow up eye exam today and the doctor said her eyes were looking no worse. We will hope to find out next week if they begin to improve. Lastly MC can hear---she passed her hearing test and we are so thankful of the progress we have made. Thanks again for praying her and us through this time!!
3 comments:
I am so happy for you all! God is so good. I can't wait for MC to come visit in Bradenton so we can meet her in person. She is too cute and getting quite a set of cheeks on her.
Love from The Wards
I am wiping the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard at Chris wondering when she will sleep through the night! That is absolutely classic. And on a personal note, Chris the chin hair has to go. (I say that in love) However, I can relate to the panic of being left alone with a baby that has been in the NICU. You will do great - they wouldn't have let her graduate if they weren't sure she was ready. Anyway, thanks for the laugh - I needed it this morning! Love you, Erin
Congratulations,
we look forward to meeting MC down in Ft. Myers.
Connells
Post a Comment