Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to the Grind






All is well here in Wisconsin. After the long night I gave mom and dad on Sunday night/Monday morning, I told them to go take a break. Although they seem refreshed, I am not sure the nurses will let them leave again because the pediatric unit spent more time on the phone with mom than they ever hoped for. She called often to check in on me, even though they kept assuring her I was FINE. I am glad mom and dad were able to get a night away and they tell me that they went to a fun hotel in downtown Milwaukee to relax and catch up on sleep. They seem to be much more with it now, thank goodness, b/c I was quite worried about them.

I am doing great. The doctors have put me back on oxygen and I enjoy it. Just on the nasal canula and they say I may go home on it. I overheard my neonatologist telling my parents that I might be able to go home on Friday or Monday. She said they just want to make sure my electrolytes are good and that I don’t pull any more shenanigans like I did on Sunday night. Luckily all of the fluid I was collecting has gone away----I think I peed about 10 oz of it off within 1 ½ days----so I am currently 4 lbs 14 oz. and we think this is legit weight not water weight.

Some things to be praying for would be (1) our ride home, it seems that the doctors think flying makes more sense. If I am on oxygen this will be necessary b/c the longest portable oxygen tank lasts only 10 hours and that will not get me to FL. My mom says if we fly she is definitely going to need some anxiety meds whatever that means. Secondly, for a home in Fort Myers. With my oxygen needs mom and dad think it would be best if we had a house to go to since we will need a tank there when we get there---it seems that we have not found the best one yet. Lastly, mommy got a very sad phone call last night----I had a good friend that was my neighbor in the NICU, her name was Alliyah. She was born 2 days before me and was my little buddy. She took a turn for the worst and passed away yesterday. If you could pray for her mom, Nancy, and for my mom and dad, as they love her during this tough time, I would appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the portraits ---- mom will not stop taking pictures of me, it is kind of annoying.

2 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Love the 4th pic. looks like MaryCate is blowing kisses already!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe Chris' CHIN!! Is he a big red wanna-be?!?!?!?