Yes the time is correct I Chris Mustaine am awake at 1:40 am in the morning. I know what your next thought must be what in the world is Chris doing posting at (1:43am actual time). Well it is a longer story so I will start try to keep it short but I am not really coherent because of the fact that it is 1:43 AM. So let us start with what happened on Friday. On Friday doctor Wolfe (one of the NICU doctors) walked in our room on PEDS and said to us “what are we doing for you here that you all can’t do at home for yourself?” and when we couldn’t answer that question. He told us that we would probably be going home some time next week (Tuesday to be exact the 9th). We were so happy and scared all at the time. So much so that we didn’t even have a chance to post on the blog that we could be going home on Tuesday. (Just for those keeping track at home its now 1:50AM). We started running around like crazy people trying to get ready to come home. After a day running around and freaking out and making 3 trips to Babies R US we felt pretty prepared. So much so that we went to a Shea family wedding which was great. (We thought it would be one of our last nights with free baby-sitting, and the wedding was great Leaver, you totally missed out). So Sunday was our normal Sunday of Church, football, family and food. It was a great day.
I want you all to know in advance that MC is OK but this is where the story gets a little sad. Starting Saturday night the nurses and I started to notice that MC was getting a little puffy and she was retaining some water (which is probably because she was on a diuretic that helped with that, but they took her off hoping she wouldn’t have to go home on it). This wasn’t really a big deal, until about 2 hours ago when she had her first blue spell in about a month and a half. We were giving MC her midnight feeding and she just started to turn blue. I ran and got the nurse and they came in, put the bag over her face, and got her back up and running again (it has been a very scary 2 hours for us). She is stable right now with the nose canula back in her nose (they are working to try to get her O2 needs stable as I type its now at 2:08am). MC, I know, is going to be fine, but the stress level has just kicked into overdrive. We have gone form the excitement of maybe going home on Tuesday to thinking “ what would have happened if she would have done this while we were at home”. So please pray for us, as I know you all will do. Pray that the doctors will figure out why MC is stating like this, why she is so puffy, and also pray that we wont get discharged until the DR’s get this all figured out. Also please pray that we will not leave with a spirit of fear that accompanies this kind of setback. Thanks again for all you do, I really don’t know where I would be without you all (besides crying in the corner somewhere) but because of your prayers and the Lords grace to answer them (I can cry right here typing to you all HA HA) we are able to function and be strong for our little girl. SO thanks. I will post again in the morning when I get up and have more answers. (By the way I should probably change the name of this post to my first ever 2:44am post).
It is now 3:40 AM but I could not leave you all without the results of the tests. MC Sodium level was very low and that is why the doctors think she is retaining water and having trouble breathing. The good news is that low sodium is an easy fix she just gets sodium (it's a treatment plan even I can understand). So hopefully we will give her her sodium tonight and tomorrow and she will be back on the road to recovery. Thanks again for your prayers. Now it is time for sleep. I hope!!!!!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a WILD ride! We are praying for your sanity and MC's quick recovery! Gotta love it when babies pull little stunts like this.. Hugs to you both!
I hope all goes smoother this week for you! I'll be thinking of you. I know I missed out at the wedding BIG time....but the real qustion on everyone's mind, is "Post a picture of Mustaine BREAKING IT DOWN!"
Praying for a healthy MC, and a sane mommy and daddy--welcome to parenthood--kids always keep us on our toes..so thankful you were in the hospital when MC decided to give you a challenge. Knowing that God is with you....j&g
Post a Comment