Sunday, August 17, 2008

Daddy's Gone again and I am up to no good

After a fun week of the true Wisconsin experience Auntie Trista headed back to FL. She had the chance to go to the state fair, a brewer game, Irish Fest and ate plenty of Brats and fried cheese!!

She took Daddy with her though, and I decided to show the Dr.'s who is boss. They told me day one that I was the boss, so I am going to do all I can to live up to that title. The Dr.'s said once I was 4 lbs. I could move to an open crib and get out of this isolette. Well I made sure they knew the other day I was sick of waiting and I tried to get out---literally. I squirmed myself as close to the exit (basically port holes) as possible at which point they listened and said it was unsafe for me to be in it anymore---my arm almost got stuck---I got them. So at 3lbs. 15oz I have graduated to the world of open cribs. Let me tell you it is noisy out here; but I am liking it and so is mommy.

I also have been taking a bottle once a day and I try my hardest to nurse two times a day. It's pretty hard work though, and some days I am too worn out. My mom keeps begging the Dr.'s to let me go to the pediatric unit so that we can have our own room and she can stay at the hospital with me, but they say I am not ready yet---just wait, I might pull some more shenanigans to get us up there.

Everything else is going well. Tomorrow is my big eye test. I keep trying to tell Mom it will be ok, but she seems a bit nervous. She tells me now that she has a daughter she is beginning to realize she is a bit more like her Grandma Nita; she worries about everything and everyone. Mom can't post any pictures because Dad took the computer, but when he gets back we will put some up---I have gotten some pretty cute outfits and I want to make sure and show them off. Thanks for all your prayers---they sure have carried me through this all!! Miles of smiles from the NICU

2 comments:

Trista said...

Lima Bean- we are praying for your eye appointment today and we love you- Auntie Trista

Teri Andrea said...

praise the lord!!!! i'm so happy to read that blog! brigit - i want your address there. i want to send you a present for mary cate. teriandrea@gmail.com

i love you guys and am praying for you!!!!