Tuesday, December 7, 2010

St. Nick Makes a visit

Well good ole St. Nick came to the Mustaine house on December 5th and I got a sneak peak into how fun Christmas is going to be. I think I have another year, until it gets REALLY fun, but Mary Cate was definitely into it and SO pumped to go check out her stocking. Luckily I remembered where I hid the gifts I bought at the end of the season last year.

I decided last year that I would get my kids X-mas PJ's each year for St. NIck---everyone wants a pair and that would be pretty good timing. So I had to get gender neutral this year since I was not sure last x-mas if Maggie was a boy or girl. I also got each kid a book!! Then at the last minute I scrounged around the house for some odds and ends to stick in there. I found some hand me down shoes and MC needs some patten leathers for X-mas, not to mention the fact that she LOVES new shoes. SO I stuck 2 pairs in her stocking, along with some play dough I found left over from my RD days at Liberty....great addition, she was in HEAVEN.

In other news the weather here has been fabulous. Definitely feeling like X-mas and I am loving it! Maggie is ABOUT to crawl. I was hoping it would not happen until Christmas, but she gets closer and closer every day----I know that my busyness level will multiply when this happens as well as my accountablility to keep things clean so that she cannot put them in her mouth, so needless to say I am somewhat dreading it!

Chris has been really busy with basketball, but his season is going well and he, as always, loves coaching. It has been fun to take the girls along to watch him in his element. I was laughing so hard the other day when I was watching football on TV with MC and she started cheering "GO DAddy"---I am going to have to explain to her that we only cheer that when HE is the one coaching. With him being out a lot, I have had some nice quiet time at home----AFTER the kids are in bed that is. I LOVE my house all decorated for Christmas and it is so nice at night to turn off all the lights and sit by the fire reading---it doesn't happen that often, but when it does it is HEAVENLY!! That is about all that is new around here.

MC in her sassy tights and brown mini-skirt
LOVE that look
So, sometimes in the morning I will take Mags out of our room so she can play in the TV room. I did this the other day and was in and out on the couch. All of a sudden I realized she was being quiet, so I open my eyes and there she is --- totally passed out on the floor, I thought it was so stinkin cute
Maggie's stocking was done just in the nick of time
You can never wipe a smile off of Maggie's face
Look at my new shoes----and yes I know I need a little help with the hair in the morning
Playdough heaven
Look Mama
Smiles all around---I LOVE my new book
MC LOVES to help me cook---here she is helping me fry up some potatoes
In our matching Jammies
I cannot get enough of both of them

1 comment: