Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving week!! It started with a visit from the Shorts----Becky was one of my RA's at LU and they were on Anna Maria Island for the week with her family. They kindly made the trek down to Fort Myers on Monday and spent the day/evening with us and the girls.

On Tuesday Chris had his first JV basketball game. I decided that we should support him even though I knew it would be crazy. They were playing a cross town rival and last year I didn't even take MC to this game----but I thought I would brave it. With lots of lollipops, we got thorugh, but I don't think I will venture that again---the crowd was nuts and all MC wanted to do was climb up and down the bleachers. Best part of the day was when Chris came home at about noon and told me we needed to wash about 20 jersey's----couldn't get them to me any sooner could you mustaine??

Wed. the fun started to arrive. My in-laws showed up about 11am----Auntie Trista and her good friend Ruthie came at about 3 and the entire Chien family arrived at 5pm. We began preparations for Thursday. Tried to get to sleep a bit early since 6 of us were running in the 5k turkey trot over in Cape Coral at 7:30am.

Got up to run, had a great time----and yes I did push my double stroller and ran the whole way and then it was cooking time. We enjoyed the day with friends and family!! On Friday and Sat. Chris had a basketball tournament, so Auntie Trista stayed to cheer him on. We even got to go on a much needed date on Fri night, which was a HUGE treat.

Sat. morning we got our tree---and now we are in full X-mas decorating mode. I seem to remember when I used to be able to pound it out in an afternoon----it now feels like it takes me about a week or so with the little interuptions, but it will soon be finished and we can enjoy one of my most favorite times of the year!! Happy Holidays

I had to post this---I told MC that we were going to go for a run and when I got in my room this is what I found
MaryCate with Becky Short
Mags with Beck
Matt giving some lovin to our doodlebug
Chien and the big guy pitching in
Jenny squeezing the cheese (easy cheese that is) on the celery----can you say NASTY----but it's a Mustaine thing, they all LOVE it
The girls with their Starbucks for the day
I guess peeling those eggs really wore them out
Look at that BIRD
It was DELISH
We were all stuck at the kid table---I promise MC did have a good day, she looks pitiful in this picture---don't let her fool you
My baby who is ALWAYS happy
Here we are in the t-shirt we got---all looking so COOL---and Chris looking like he does yoga on a regular basis
Breakfast time with Stephen
Can you tell how much love there is already
LOVE LOVE LOVE this deal my mother-in-law got at a garage sale--GO PACK
My 2 babies
MC rubbing noses with the reindeer as we look for the perfect tree
I have relegated myself to the fact that we will not get one good family picture for a couple of years

No comments: