In some ways I have been dreading this post, mainly because it has been so long since I have posted anything. I am not even sure where to start or what to say, except that we have been busy. Basketball season is well under way and Chris took the job as the head JV coach this year, which is a super opportunity, but also a little more time consuming.
We also just got home from the Young Life Banquet----which is our biggest fundraiser of the year for Young Life. When we moved to Fort Myers and took the YOung Life job, I promised Chris that this would be my thing. The one way I could help out and hopefully take some things off of his plate as well as his boss's. Plus I used to plan events for a living, so I would be in my Glory. I had no idea what it would mean to do this with a 2 year old and a 7 month old. Needless to say, I am WIPED. The event was fun, and I know I will be so excited to do it again next year, I am just glad I have a good 365 days to rest up. I have virtually no voice and I think the girls have had it with Mommy being on the phone, emailing and running errands.
I joked with the folks that the day was a BREAK for me. My in-laws came to watch my kids all day---we left at 9am and did not come home until 7pm. To be totally honest, I actually missed them and was reminded how thankful I am to be able to be home with them at this stage in their lives! That being said the craziness of the day was definitely easier than most days at home----but I would not trade it for the world.
We also just got back last week from another quick trip to Wisconsin. I feel so spoiled that I have had the chance to see my family so much this fall. It is always great for the girls to get to spend some time with their cousins and I really enjoyed the weather.
Aside from that we have also had or will be having lots of visitors!! This past weekend we were able to see a good friend of mine, Katie Jablonka---Juehring now---who was down here visiting with her husband and 3 kids----wish we could have gotten more time with them, but with the banquet, it was just too crazy. Tomorrow, one of my old RA's Becky Short is coming to see us for the day----and then The Chien's as well as the whole Mustaine Family will be heading down on Wednesday for Thanksgiving!!! I also have a good friend from college, Jackie Whitley, coming right after Thanksgiving! I am definitely NOT lonely!!!
I have been pretty bad at taking pictures lately. Here are some from a pumpkin patch we went to in Sarasota---I have no more energy to write captions, I think they are self explanatory!! If not, tough luck
1 comment:
Ummm, I love how adorable your stinkin' girls are!
Post a Comment