Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!

I should have written this post on Tuesday, but Chris has been out of town for a week with the computer, so I have had no technology. Anyhow, just wanted to post that I am more pregnant at this point than I have ever been. We were so excited to get past Monday, which was the day in my pregnancy that MC was born. I am feeling pretty good and the baby is kicking like crazy. They say the baby is about 2 lbs---more than MC was at birth, and 13 1/2 inches---longer than her as well!

I did have a Dr. appointment yesterday and had yet another new Dr. I had made the appointment with the intention of seeing one of the Dr.'s in the practice I normally see and I guess you always need to call the day before and make sure they did not change their schedule---which I will do from now on. Anyhow he seemed to think I was fine and was plenty kind, but did say that the stitch was a good idea as my cervix seems to be getting shorter. The stitch is still in place though, and I will go back in 2 weeks and will meet with the Dr. I really like who gives me a TON of information and is always very clear and very thorough. I thought about going back this week, but honestly the appointments cost us so much and considering I have had no symptoms like I did with MaryCate, I am going to hold off. It is hard when the practice has 4-5 doctors that all have different opinions and different ideas of what is safe for me to do. I will be sticking with one Dr. from here on out and completely trust his opinion. He is pretty conservative and I appreciate how much time he spends with me.

My mom was here for the week to help with MC while Chris was out of town and we were so busy that we failed to take one picture. My house has never been so clean and MC was so thrilled to have Gramma in town!! I will post more as I know it---26 weeks tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Super excited for you Brigit!

As a fun FYI, you and Chris have inspired, Trista, Chris, and I to create a CSS girls blog :-) We're still doing some research on blog sites, but looking forward to the ability to keep track of our adventures.

I'm rooting for a spring birth!!

-Ruthie

Becky said...

Congratulations!!!