I have decided that slowly blogging things, to keep you coming back---does not jive with my schedule these days. Now that MC is on the move and we are getting more settled I seem to have so much less time, so here is a long update with lots of pictures I have been meaning to post for a while now. The first 3 pictures clearly show how into EVERYTHING MaryCate is---there are mornings where my patience is tested to the LIMIT!!!
Last Saturday the Well's came down to check out the new house. Cora and MC had a blast together---I am pretty sure MC loves it when Cora comes because she is so close to her size even though she is a bit younger.
We also had a great meeting this past week with a nutritionist. Not sure if I mentioned this previously, but we have been having some weight gain issues---not me, unfortunately, but MaryCate. Especially now that she is so "busy" she has lost a little and the more we increase her calories the less she seems to be eating--so it is always a balancing act for Chris and I. This has really been stressing me out, mainly because I want her to be healthy. I have had a few comforting conversations---for instance I spoke with a mom of twins that were 1lb 6oz at birth and now are 9 years old----she said that she still stresses out about their weight---it made me feel a little more normal and know that it is a very common worry for preemie moms.
Honestly---I truly feel like if this is my biggest concern, I am so blessed---I mean the girl just got her 1st fever since we left the hospital over a year ago.....not sure why, I was hoping she was cutting a tooth but no such luck yet. Anyhow all that to say when we get back from WI, they are going to do a gatric emptying test on her tummy and when the Dr. suggested this---it was the first thing that made sense to me in the midst of all this---she would eat like a bird if I let her and still has a tendency to lose her nutrition---now some of this is due to reflux but I am not conviced it is all reflux at this point----she does not act like it is, but hopefully this time we will get some answers!! They basically see if her tummy is taking to long to empty and therefore she is not hungry or pukes. Not sure of the solution but I will keep you posted.
Towards the end of this week our friends Emily and Leighton came down for a visit---again we had a blast. Leighton and MC were born just a week apart so it is fun for Emily and I to compare and contrast, being they are so different, but it seems like MC is slowly catching up developmentally---maybe not size wise, but that will come!!
Last but not least I included pics of the house now that we are a bit more settled. We are loving the place, it has been fun to have company and we love more and more how open the house is. One of my favorite things to do was get MC's nursery done. This was the only room we painted before moving in. We painted it with the intention of putting in a chair rail....but once Chris got done and took the tape off, we thought it looked pretty cool, so why spend money on the chair rail, right??? We thought so----to top the nursery off you will notice the AWESOME initials on MC's wall----my new favorite cousin Maggie Field, out of the kindness of her sweet little heart, made them especially for MaryCate, and sent them all the way from Marshfield, WI. When we were in WI this summer Maggie was making them for her room and I was LOVING them. I got home the other day and there was a package with the letters in there for MC----and of course I think they are so cool. They are cardboard letters that are covered with really cool paper that she glues on them....such a neat concept!!! SO shout out to Maggie Field----can't wait to hang with you next week when we are in town!!!
Sorry such a long post, just wanted to keep you updated. Peace out!
MC loves plastic bags---you think this will get me a vote for MOY
On mornings where I am at my wits end---the refrigerator is always a favorite
I love to help mommy fold the laundry
MC and Baby Cora
We are gonna be best of friends
Leighton and MC
Big smiles all around
MaryCate's Nursery
Check out these cool letters
Not sure about the corner piece yet---we want to re-stain it---we'll see, it was a gift
The feeding station, see the towel on the floor---that catches the projectile--getting so old
The guest room and my sewing station
Come visit us---our guest room
MC finally has a tub---with lots of toys and she is playing with the shampoo
The Master---not quite clean yet
Master bedroom
Dining Room
TV/play room for MC
MC's turf!!
My favorite place to hang out!! Cannot wait for the HOLIDAYS
3 comments:
VERY VERY CUTE HOUSE! Love it! Maggie has it going on! Love the letters! Her room colors are to die for!
Now, as your cousin, Cousin, who WORRIES, WORRIES...make sure the blind cord is cut or wound up high! She will be reaching over the edge and playing with them soon! And with the blinds. You know me.....SAFETY PATROL!
Also, hope weight loss issues get better! I'll be praying!
I can't wait to puzzle by the fireplace over a hot coco and smelling a fresh Christmas tree.
Everything looks so great! I love that room in the last picture. So comfy and cozy looking. Good luck with the gastric emptying results ... hopefully you get some helpful info.
Post a Comment