Friday, October 9, 2009

We don't do things half way around here


PS--I must warn you---you may need a nap after reading this, just having to write it and think about it all again, absolutely exhausted me!!

Again I have waited quite a while to blog it up----but my time in WI is so precious, I just do not want to waste it on the computer, and I also do not have access to uploading pics there, so it is easier to do once we get back home.

Let me start by sharing some exciting news, that some may not have heard yet....the week we were closing on the new house, Chris and I found out that MC was going to be a big sister---we were a bit reluctant to share the news with a lot of people due to the fact that we have had a tough time with past pregnancies---well needless to say, I am 12 weeks pregnant today and considering the amount of naseau I have had, as well as the numerous doctor's appointments and cravings....God Willing, I am pretty sure that things are progressing well. This shines a whole new light on how the past 3 months have been----moving was quite the ordeal----I could not lift a thing and between MC throwing up and me throwing up----let's just say my sweet sweet mother and sweet sweet husband had their work cut out for them. We are in and although I am still a bit naseous, it has certainly gotten better. We are so excited and expect to wait the full 9 months this time!!!! Due date is April 23rd.

On to our trip to WI---what a blast!!! MC and I flew in and flying with her on my own is one thing, but flying with her on my own while pregnant----NO FUN. She was a rock star---both ways, slept the entire flight and you would have never known there was a baby....me not so much, but we made it. The first weekend I got away with my dad---we went to the WI/Michigan State game. I was a bit hesitant at the offer, after flying all day with MC, and being pregnant but we had a blast and Wisconsin won, which made the deal even sweeter!!

MC went to a harvest fest with her cousins and never would have known I was gone for the day. The next day was Brady's big vacuum birthday party----the highlight being that he got not 1 but 2 dustbusters!!

The following week was a lot of decaf starbucks, me getting sick, my brother laughing at me, the cousins playing and everyone enjoying the crisp fall weather. One thing that made this trip a bit more interesting is the fact that my brother and sister-in-law and their 2 kids have temporarily moved in with my parents until they find a house---their's just sold....so we were all under one roof which was crazy but sooooo much fun!!

Then on Thursday Uncle Crashie showed up!! It was great to have Chris there and we continued to enjoy the cool weather (it felt like 105 with the humidity in Fort Myers today, so even Chris enjoyed the cool off). MC got to visit all her old nurses and Dr's in the NICU at St. Mary's and heck, what would a trip to WI be without a hospital visit right??? That's right, we were scheduled to leave Tuesday morning at 5:50 am. Well Monday night MC's breathing was a bit labored and we decided to call our pediatrician in WI---they told us, based on her history, we ought to take her to the ER---this was at 1 am ----needless to say we were there until 4:30 am and they thought she may have a slight pnemonia, they gave her antibiotics and told us we could fly later in the day if we could get on a flight, we would surely miss our 6 am flight.

To add to the stress, we really NEEDED to get back on Tues because Wed. MC had her Gastric emptying test at 9am, and a 15 month check up at 3pm. I had an OB appointment at 8am and a pre-op appointment at 11am because I was scheduled to get a cerclage on Thursday (this is a stitch that closes my cervix and hopefully keeps this baby in for 9 long months). Well we got on a flight later that afternoon and made all 4 appointments on Wed. (of course MC puked at the emptying test and therfor needs to retake it---and Chris could not come near me till he washed off because she threw up the radioactive juice all over him).
Thusday morning before my surgery I got MC in with her Pulmonoligist, who knows her history a lot better. He told us she just had a viral infection, no pnemonia....what a relief. I brought her home after that and My wonderful in-laws came to watch her while Chris took me to the hospital for out patient surgery at noon. The surgery went well---it was quick but took a long time for the spinal tap to wear off, so I was in the hospital until about 8pm.

I have been on bed rest all day today. I have to lay low over the weekend and should be good to go by next week....then things can get back to normal around here right. It has been a crazy couple of days but God was good, as He always is, and was watching over all of us. We are thankful for the the nurses and Dr.'s that take such good care of MC, baby, and mommy........and of course thankful for Daddy who has picked up so much slack the past 24-48 hours. Never a dull moment around here, but I am thankful for the wonderful family I have!! More to come, enjoy the pics.

Clare at harvestfest on her pony
Gramma Mary with her 3 grandchildren
I was sent this pic while at the badger game and my response was "if she gets swine flu, I am blaming all of you."
The cousins with the scarecrow that they made
We were home for my Grandma's birthday, which was a fun treat, my Aunt Madalyn made her a cake that said "Happy birthday to the Queen Bee"---7 kids, 22 grandkids, and 14 great grandkids with 2 on the way---who doesn't love NITA---also doesn't Grandpa look thrilled to be celebrating in the background
This is a great story----Brady would tell MC to do something and everytime she did --- he would give her a sticker, you think his mom is a teacher?? Needless to say he told me when I came in that MaryCate was being "VERY GOOD Today"
MC throwing up her gang sign
I helped the kids make cookies for Brady to bring to school on his birthday---I think more flour ended up on them than in the cookies
the highlight of the trip, MC and Clare taking bath's together, MC spent most of the time cracking up at Clare's faces
Splish splash
Brady got a new bike the morning of his b-day===you think he is excited??
Just the girls
Too many monkey's jumping in the bed
Brady is so sweet to his younger cousin---he says to my mom yesterday "Gramma, it is really going to be different around here without Anutie BAM and MaryCate"
Clare wants to be a firewoman when she grows up
We went to visit Uncle Pretty at the firehouse the night of Brady's birthday and brought all the guys cupcakes
I wanna ride on this thing
Tooting the horn, watch out world
Now who is in charge?
So sweet
So my youngest brother works for the Milwaukee Brewers and Brady loves Bernie Brewer. So we arranged for Bernie to come to the firehouse and surprise Brady on his birthday, it was hilarious
The whole Family
Brady showing Bernie the vacuum at the firehouse
One of our many trips down to starbucks
Brady showing off his new wheels
MC trying to keep warm!!
Clare and I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend, one of our favorite activities to do together!!
What else is new---Brady with a vacuum
At the pumpkin patch
Trying to pick out the perfect one
This is FUN
Getting all 3 to look----impossible
The night before we left----Packer vs. Viking game---you can guesss who we were cheering for, Pappa Denny was WAY into this

4 comments:

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, glad to hear everything is progressing smoothly:)

Anonymous said...

You have some great pictures there!! My favorite story/picture is the sticker story, hilarious :)

YAY for more COUSINS, COUSINS!!

Becky said...

Phew. I'm off to take a nap after getting all caught-up. Glad everyone is doing well :)

Life's A Journey... said...

Great blog! LOVE all the pics and up-dates! Keep it going now!

Hope the RINK is healing! LOL! Do you think there is a St. Rinker we can pray to the remainder of your pregnancy? (:

Also, Bernie= FUNNY! Brady is a MINI MICHAEL! All the kids are TOO cute!