Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good and Sad News

My Mother's Day was great!! Chris was so sweet, as was MC. I woke up to DD in bed, which was such a treat. MaryCate even thought to get me sprinkles on my doughnut which was extra special. She also got me quite possibly the largest coffee I have ever had (I usually get a small, and it lasts me all day long). I got exactly what I asked for and then some. I have been dying for a swiffer---I am on my hands and knees all the time cleaning our tile and wood floors and it drives me nuts. I told MC and she delivered. I got the wet jet and it has proved to be AMAZING. I also got a laundry basket, which we desperately needed and a book called "Someday." I put a picture of the book below and if you have never seen it and are a mom, you need to read it, I was balling!! My husband is so good to me.

In sad news, I have been debating this for a while but think it is best, for me at least, to be able to talk about it and share with others what we have been going through. We found out about 3 weeks ago that MC would be a big sister. We were so excited and thought the baby would be here around Christmas time. It has been a bit of a roller coaster because we have had to wait a lot and be at the Dr.'s a lot. Today confirmed though, that the pregnancy is not viable and I will miscarry. I was given some choices and opted to take a medication that will hopefully induce the miscarriage. Chris is at basketball right now, so once he gets home I will take my first dose and then the Dr. said there is no way to tell how long it might take. Our prayer is that it would go quickly and be as painless as possible. For those of you that do not know I had a miscarriage prior to MaryCate and it was actually more painful than birthing her(which considering she was 1lb13oz, that isn't really saying a lot). Chris and I are hanging in there. We are confident that God knows more than we do, and in the long run probably spared us some pain. The sadness comes in waves and I think will for a bit. I look forward to the day when I can hold these 2 sweet babies I have lost in heaven and pray that they will hold each other until I get there. I was given a song from one of my students at Liberty, the last time this happened and it really helped me---I put the lyrics below so you could read them if you wanted. It is days like this that make MaryCate and her smile that much sweeter. I have held her extra tight today and she has been such a comfort.

In more fun news MC is rolling and scooting all over the place. We went to the pediatrician yesterday and she would not sit still long enough for him to listen to her heart. She absolutely LOVES the paper on the tables at the Dr.'s offices and now that she rolls was all over the place, it was pretty funny. The Dr. got quite a kick out of it. She is going to take her first plane ride on June 3rd----just in time for her first birthday----to Wisconsin, to see the Shea's. We can't wait to go back to where she was born and see all the Dr.'s and nurses!!! We miss them dearly and know that they helped her get to this point. She is also sleeping on her belly now and looks so much more comfy. She slept from 8:30pm last night until 8am this morning----I cleared it with the pediatrician so all you worry warts know, he said that SIDS is not an issue for her anymore.

I know this is a longer post but wanted to keep you all in the loop and thank you for your love and prayers. Hope the next post is a bit more uplifting!! Miles of smiles from Sunny and already way TOOO HOT FL!!

Glory baby
Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

BRIDGE:
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

Look at that HUGE coffee she brought me, that is when I knew it would be a GREAT day---I know, I know you all wish you looked as good as I do first thing in the morning, hard to top!!

Grandad in hid Glory on Mothers Day, MC out like a light in his arms

I got the mop too, check out the sweet card, can you say CREATIVE, I am glad Chris decided on PE, not art

Such a GREAT book

My sweet little baby lying in her side

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love your Mother's Day picture ... so beautiful :) I hope you get lots of great days from your Swiffer. One of my favorite Christmas gifts ever was a Scooba ... the mopping robot. I'll have to let you borrow it sometime when the Swiffer Mop seems like too much work.

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. We will be praying for you these next few days. If there is ANYTHING we can do to help, please ask. We are here.

Unknown said...

i am so sorry to hear about the miscarry. i have been and will continue to pray for y'all!

i am SO glad i finally go to see MC! she is AMAZING! i can't believe i was sick the first time i saw her! so not fair!

not sure if you heard, but there was a great story in this week (maybe last weeks) People magazine about preemie's 18 years later or so... most of them were born at 24-26 weeks i think. showed them all in college, playing football and ice skating and stuff. it was great to see what amazing things could be in MC's future!

love you all,
~emily

AnnMarie & Nick said...

Thinking and praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

I just want you to know that we appreciate this blog and being able to keep up with you guys. MC looks great - I remember Jean's 1st Mother's Day with Stephanie, very special. Sorry to hear the bad news. As you said, keep faith in God and that He knows what He is doing. Jean miscarried between Stephanie and Jennifer so we know what you are going through. Tell Chris that Saint Stephen's says hello. We think about you guys all the time!!