OK---so it is almost midnight the night before we are taking our two girls to Disney for the very first time. I should totally be in bed but I am so excited---you may ask---why on earth are you blogging---well aside from being excited I am awake also because we are in the process of getting our kitchen remodeled. In perfect timing, all of the cabinets have to go in tomorrow and Chris has needed to do the demo so that they can go in. It did seem he was making good progress---we were slowly working towards this over the past month or so----but wouldn't you know it snuck up and it looks like it might be a long night for him---and possibly me, I am not so much helping him with anything---really can't sleep with the jackhammering he is doing so that we can have electricity in our island. Thankfully my kids sleep like rocks and NOTHING wakes them. I have no clue how they are sleeping through all of this. i guess for me it has been a good excuse to catch up on some things I have needed to. Even if I could sleep though it, there is a part of me that is a bit worried he is going to saw a finger off and we will end up in the ER----so for safety/anxiety reasons I am up for the long haul as well.
We knew when we moved in we really wanted to remodel the kitchen, but we thought it would be 4-5 years down the road. As luck would have it, we had a leak a few months ago and now with a little help from homeowners insurance we are able to get it done now. I have some pics of the demo below.
On the disney front----well we decided instead of birthday parties for the girls this was what we would do. I am definfitely the MOST excited. Don't get me wrong, the girls seem pretty pumped as well and I would say Chris is around for the ride, though i do think he will love it once we get there and get settled. We are having dinner with the princesses tomorrow night for MC's b-day and then spending Sat at the Magic Kingdom. Sat morning we have a breakfast with Mickey Mouse to celebrate Maggie's b-day and then we are not sure about Sunday. We will go to a park---just not sure if we will venture to Animal Kingdom or try Magic Kingdom again. Here are some recent pics from my camera---had to get all the pics off so I had a clear card for Disney-----I CANNOT WAIT!!
MC and baby Margot
She is going to fit right in
A few pics of MC in her Easter program at school
Playing pony with Daddy one day after work---the girls are pretty elated when he walks in each day, it's pretty sweet
To say she marches to the beat of her own drum is an understatement
Breakfast picnic on the morning of Maggie's 2nd birthday
Daddy and his girls
My sweet little doodle
Love the shirt customized by mommy's COUSIN COUSIN----with the mouse of course, can't wait to sport that original this weekend
Off for their Daddy b-day date
Eggless cupcakes that mommy made especially for my sweet little girl
Pretty much every present had Mickey Mouse involved in some way/shape/form
MC had no problem "helping Maggie" open her presents
A little worried she may be taking after her sister with this grin
This is where they like to hang out these days
Snuggle time with Daddy
Look Ma-----I got it going on!!
Need I say more
They inspire each other to be beautiful
I just love these 2 together because they are only 10 month apart
...But it looks like Lona will always have more than a head on MC---we'll see
They play together so MUCH now----though it typically ends in some sort of fight----but when they get along it is pure joy to listen to
The beginning of DEMO====upper cabinets are out, lowers on the way out
Half wall out
....and fireplace out












No comments:
Post a Comment