Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pictures Galore

I am home for one day and uploading all these pics is going to take a while so I will write a blog update at another time when I am not so limited on time. The short of it is that we spent the last 3 weeks at a young life camp in GA. We drove from Georgia to Bradenton on Sunday, looked at a house across the street from where Chris will be teaching on Monday, signed the contract for the house on Tuesday then drove to Fort Myers. Chris starts work tomorrow (Thursday) so he is getting up early and driving back and we are following him later in the day. I have a stitter coming in the morning so I can begin packing some boxes. May write a bit more during that time if I can. Until then enjoy trying to figure it out. As you can tell it's been a while since I posted pictures as it begins with the remainder of MC's birthday and ends with our time at camp. Unfortunately I did not bring our camera with us to WI when we were home visiting family so no pictures from that time!



Here is everyone at MC's music birthday party, breaking it down

MC dancing with her good friend Cora, we can't wait to live closer to see her more often

Let me tell you, my daughter can dance, she's got the MOVES

FREE DANCE

Mema dancing with the girls

This is on here because I LOVE Maggie's face...those eyes mean trouble
SO fun to have Grandma Mary in for the party

instrument time

She was so excited about blowing out the candles, and this went much better than her morning episode

Leighton decided to help out a bit

Just wanted to make sure she knew I made it, so it's got a little character to it, NOT quite perfect, but lots of love in there

The INSIDE :)

She was in heaven

Love this picture because of the table height, she could have used a lower table

Playing in the bounce house at the AFTER PARTY

So, we have been shopping at our local publix and we have a cashier whom we check out with every time. MC LOVES her and she LOVES MC. Her name is MS. Nancy. When i picked up the balloons for MC the day of her party MS. Nancy had a present for MC along with this tiarra and a little something for Maggie. She is the sweetest little lady and we are going to miss seeing her soooooo much

All the kids on our bed, maggie does not look too pleased

That's a bit better

Dakota and MC playing in the pack and play

LOVE the broom my Uncle Ditty got me

Sweeping up

Maggie even got in on the action

Trying out the new Bike that we got from Pappa Denny and Grandma Mary

All dressed up with no where to go

Who knew that sit and spins were still a HIT

So this is a bit of a story----Chris was leaving to go to a young life camp for a week and right before he left he wanted to make sure the yard was mowed. He was weed eating in the back and luckily I was outside in the front with the girls playing. I heard a crack and then Chris yell "You gotta be kidding me" Long story short, He hit a rock which propelled into our sliding glass door and shattered it into a million pieces to open up our living room to the back yard----did I mention that it was 5pm on a Sat. He was leaving at 8am the next morning and the 1st showing at our house was Monday.

There is some of the glass and you might ask what is that we covered it with. Well Fortunately we still had our Christmas Tree bag and we decided that would have to do before we could get it fixed----not knowing when this would happen as we were on our way out to pick up the van Chris needed for the next day. We assumed we would be up all night and began making a ton of phone calls. After thinking we were pretty hopeless and going to home depot to see that a door would cost almost 3,000 we made one last call after googling "emergency glass"----then enters VIRGIL

If you look on the far left through our new glass door you will see Virgil, He showed up with a new pane of glass at 9pm on Sat night, put it in and left by 11pm. He told Chris it would be $100 and when we went to give it to him he said it would only be $75----he didn't want to cheat us-----are you kidding me???? We were so blessed and thankful for our dear friend GOOGLE

The mountain in the back is Sharp Top---which is the name of the Young Life Camp we spend 3 weeks at. That is MC's good friend Leighton who was teaching her how to roll down the hill at camp

As you can tell the heat followed us to GA

My sweet girls

It was like having the biggest back yard ever for 3 straight weeks. So fun to let the girls run

Fun little wagon with awesome flowers

Every week we dressed up for the Ho-down

rub a dub, three babies in a tub

MC and Leighton---born only one week apart

She LOVED climbing in this chair

And MC LOVED doing whatever Maggie did

Hoe down again

Sweet Maggie

Do you think she has enough food

Chillaxin

Emily and her boys

Can you tell she liked it

Daddy and his baby girl

The ONLY family picture we got the entire time we were there, I am so annoyed because there were so many beautiful places to take pics

MC with some of her friends

MaryBeth and MaryCate===on our assignment there was also a Mary Grace and a Mary Margaret.

Now if I could only get her to keep the bow IN her hair

The Mustaine girls and the Garrison Girls

So this is Johntae-----this guy was on work crew and served our table the first week. Maggie took quite a liking to him and found him every day, EVERY meal, no joke. She could spot him from across the room and would go running to him with open arms. He was so sweet to the girls and I am pretty sure we will never forget him!

Summersaults everywhere. As you can see she was at least smart enough to remove the headband first

Here is leighton at the bottom of the waterslide....it took us a few days but once she saw him do it a few times MaryCate went down herself

A picture of the slide-----on the right is MC, partly down

There she is again====we were sooooo proud of her and she laughed the whole way down, no worries Chris was at the bottom to catch her in the lake and she had a life vest on

Why they always insist on getting in daddy's shoes I have no idea, but I do think that it is kind of cute

The smile still has not gone away

A good friend of Auntie TRista's got MC this cute cowgirl dress. I wanted to take a picture for her and send it to her----I am sure she will think MaryCate is SOOOOOO cute

MC with the Johnson's ready to go to the ho-down

The ho-down was at 9:30 on MOnday night. Typically we did not go as my kids are in bed by 8 most nights. The last week I let MC stay up and the kids were used on the stage. I was worried she would not make it or would be a distraction so I stayed close to the stage but she did AWESOME and was up there the whole time

There they all are

And as a reward-----ICE CREAM, at 10pm....yes I paid for it the next day but it was a lot of fun

This was most days in the stroller----so glad we could cart a few extra along

Look at that stud coming down the slide on his feet

Maggie with her good friends Jacob and Maddison

This sneaky little bugger---and NO my one year old is not pregnant

A little safer but still DANGEROUS

They are obsessed with doing summersaults and Maggie seems to think she should join in the fun

Daddy pushing them on the swings

So right near the house where we were staying was an AWESOME playground. We were so blessed to use it often

MC with her friends Abigail and Aylah

Fun in the sandbox

Maggie trying to figure out the teeter totter

There we go

Bouncing on the whale---we spent HOURS doing this

Playing in the creek

The girls LOVED putting their feet in

So pretty

Look ma, it's just like the bathtub

Fun in the pool

Hanging with Daddy

Maggie and Jacob again

This is a much better way to play cornhole

See I get it in the hole every time

My big girls---one o fmy favorite pics

MC and Leighton, too bad the smile came out

Climbing on the rocks before club

Just love that Maggie looks like she is about to pounce on this poor boy---this is Caleb and him and Maggie had quite the love/hate relationship all month

Maggie and Johntae again

Future young life star

literally LOVIN the microphone

This was the EMT for the month and she LOVED our girls so well. She even babysat for us one night so we could go out on a date. The girls loved her too and we miss her already

God willing---this is the house we will own in less than a month----it is perfect for our family

snuggle time with Daddy


No comments: