It seems like we have been on a streak of misfortunes when it comes to our home. I forgot to mention this but about a month or so ago I noticed a few bees back in the kids play area. I didn't think much of it at 1st and simply killed them and went on with my day. A few days later I saw another, at which point I told Chris. He seemed to think that FL did not have bees and I was exaggerating and too worried. The fact that it was right where the kids played really worried me.
Later that day I saw 2 more, and since we have a pest service I decided to ask them to come check it out. Sure enough, we had a problem........so 1st off FL does have bees!!! Second I think there was a convention of them being held in our WALL. Long story short we had to get a bee removal service to come out, take down part of the outside wall, get the hive, kill the bees and then put in insulation where they were building their home. The amount of bees was astounding. The guy had a big black garbage bag FULL of dead bees, it was unreal.
Later that night I was doing dishes after the kids were in bed. Chris was at Young LIfe. All of a sudden I felt warm water on my feet and realized the faucet was leaking. Luckily it was not a plumbing issue, just a faulty faucet and we had to get a new one installed.
Lastly, since I could not do dishes I went to watch a little TV. For about a year now we have been biting time with the projection lamp on our TV----The tv tells us it is going every time we turn it on----well wouldn't luck have it that tonight was the night it blew. So we need a new lamp in order to get TV. The bees and faucet were obviously a priority to fix so we have decided to go without TV for a while. Not to mention the fact that Chris has been driving around in the Civic with NO air conditioning since June. (it was a warm summer for him) . No TV has made the house eerily quiet, and although we really do not miss it all that much-----why did it have to happen during football season----Sat. and Sundays are just not the same.
All that to say, we are hoping the misfortunes STOP here.
This is how the girls watch video's now---on the computer. They actually only watch them about 2-3 times a week, but your realize how much you miss the TV when they want to or you need them to for a half hour.
Maggie Clearly doesn't mind the new set-up. No worries I was sititng in the chair right behind her the whole time, I did not leave her in the bumbo on the table unattended---well except to snap the pic i guess :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment